29

"Lydia? What's so urgent that you needed us here now?" Allison mumbled as she and Scott joined Lydia in the hospital waiting room. 

"There's been a murder at the station and I think Derek might have been involved." She told them, slipping her jacket over her shoulders. "We have to get down there and see what we can figure out."

"I'll see if I can get a hold of him." Scott offered. Lydia nodded but she doubted Scott's efforts would be very effective. She had tried to call Derek a few times on her phone and even on Stiles's after he had fallen back asleep. 

"If there's been a murder at the station, who's with Stiles?" Allison asked skeptically. 

"Melissa has been in and out. I was there a few times but he was asleep last time I went in so she told me I should go get something to eat." Lydia shrugged. 

"Someone should be with him when he wakes up," Scott told Lydia. She knew they expected her to be the worried girlfriend but Derek was her priority right now. She knew Stiles was okay and she knew what Derek was capable of. Especially if it was for Stiles. 

"Boyd should be feeling better. I'll get Erica to stay with him for a bit." Lydia suggested before disappearing to find the blonde. 

"She's acting weird." Allison pointed out to Scott. 

"She's probably just worried." Scott shrugged. Allison leaned her head on his shoulder and Scott chuckled at his sleep-deprived girlfriend. "We can get Lydia to stop for coffee on the way to the station," Scott promised, placing a kiss on the top of her head. Allison mumbled something incoherent as Lydia returned to them.

"Come on." Lydia urged them. Scott and Allison followed their friend out of the hospital to her car. 

When they got to the station, Lydia was surprised by the lack of police surrounding the place. She slipped in the front door with the couple trailing behind her.

"Lydia? What are you doing here?" Parrish narrowed his eyes at her before noticing the pair behind her.

"We heard there was a murder." Parrish glanced at the cops around them who could be listening and ushered the three teens into the sheriff's office. "What happened?" Lydia questioned as Jordan closed the door behind them.

"The Orphans, the assassins that attacked you guys at the football game, they were killed last night." Allison was awake now. She glanced at Lydia, connecting the dots in her head. 

"You think Derek had something to do with it? Because they went after his pack?" She questioned Lydia who bit her lip. 

"Wait, you think Derek is involved?" Jordan asked as they all turned to Lydia.

"No! I don't know. Don't do anything, please. We're handling it." Jordan knew about Derek and Stiles which couldn't be said of Scott and Allison. She knew he would be able to connect the dots better than they would but she also didn't want a target put on Derek's back. 

"Lydia, I have to tell Stilinski-"

"No! Please. Trust me." Lydia begged. She knew the power she had over him when she wanted to. She locked eyes with him. "Can we see the bodies?" She could imagine Stiles's reaction when he found out they were solving a murder without him. She could hear his voice in her head as she asked to see dead bodies without him. 

"They're already on the way to the hospital for examination." 

"I'll talk to my mom." Scott offered and Lydia nodded. 

They headed back to the hospital and Melissa helped to sneak them into the morgue. The bodies were on the table when they got inside and Lydia felt her heart race when she noticed the claw marks across their necks. She gasped and Scott took a closer look. 

"Do you really think Derek did this?" Allison asked softly. 

"I don't know how far an alpha is willing to go for his pack but, I have seen Derek do worse for less," Scott confessed, running a hand through his hair. 

"We need to find him before the police do."

In another room in the hospital, Erica sat on Stiles's hospital bed beside him, waiting for him to wake up. He was still disoriented from blood loss when his eyes fluttered open. The flash of blonde in his face startled him. 

"Morning Batman." She grinned. She had calmed down since Boyd had gotten better and was back to her usual self. Stiles chuckled weakly, wincing at the sharp pain that followed. "Careful there, you've had quite the week." 

"Out of all the people I expected to find in my bed I can say you were not very high on the list." Stiles groaned as he tried to sit up.

"You wound me." She sighed dramatically. "Let me guess you would have preferred a certain alpha instead?" Stiles's eyes widened as he turned to her. "Derek, oh Derek mmmm." She mocked. "Has anyone ever told you that you talk in your sleep?" 

"Oh my God," Stiles grumbled, taking a pillow and hiding his face. 

"I'm kidding, but I must say you have me intrigued. What secret fantasies are you hiding in there Stilinski? What would Lydia think?" 

"I can only imagine she would be about as thrilled as she would be to hear about the girl in my bed." He retorted, slipping the pillow behind him to help prop him up. 

"I'm glad you're okay, Stiles," Erica spoke genuinely and Stiles reached for her hand. She knew he had gotten hurt in an attempt to help Boyd and for that, she was indebted to him. 

"How's Boyd?" 

"He's fine. Deaton got to him before the wolfsbane could spread. He's a little tired but he'll be good as new before long." 

"Gotta love that werewolf healing." Stiles grinned. 

"You gave us a pretty good scare." She told him. 

"Is that why you're the only one here?" 

"One, ouch I should be more than enough. Two, everyone is out trying to figure out who did this to you." 

"You're right, sorry. I was just kinda hoping to see-" Derek "Lydia." Stiles frowned slightly and Erica pouted at him. 

"Lydia's downstairs, I'm sure she'll be up soon." 

"Where's my dad?" 

"He's handling a situation at the station. He's been in and out all night. Derek was here the longest, keeping an eye on you. Only left once he knew you were okay." Stiles smiled to himself, hoping Erica wouldn't notice. He was still on a lot of medication for the pain and he knew the truth was threatening to slip out at any moment. 

"Why is Lydia downstairs?" Stiles wondered. 

"Not sure, Melissa said she was taking them to the morgue." Stiles perked up and started to try to stand up. Erica easily pushed him back down.

"You're not going anywhere. Doctor's orders." She pulled out her claws and rested them on his chest, warning him that she meant business. Stiles flopped back onto the pile of pillows. 

"Fine. But I'm calling Lydia. I want to know everything."