14

After Lydia's nightmare, the rest of the pack had gone back to sleep but Derek found himself on edge. He could sense something was wrong in his pack and didn't want to let his guard down. He heard the jeep pull away not long after Lydia's outburst. 

He knew Stiles had left and was surprised when he didn't receive any information about where he was going. His mind was racing with possible scenarios all of them ending with Stiles dead somewhere. He hated how attached he had gotten because Stiles made him vulnerable. He was human and Derek knew he wouldn't always be there to protect him. He dreaded the day Stiles was put into danger because of their relationship. 

He debated calling Stiles but he decided to wait. He trusted him and if there was anything to worry about, Stiles would have told him.

"Lydia?" Jordan's voice was quiet and Lydia could hear the fear through the phone. 

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Where are you?" She felt bad for bombarding him with questions but she had thought he was dead.

"I-I don't know." He sounded shaken and she wished she knew how she could help. 

"Stiles is with me. We will come find you but I need you to tell me where you are." Lydia spoke calmly despite the panic rising inside her.

"I'm near the station." 

"Okay we'll be right there." Stiles started the car after overhearing the phone call. 

"Lydia, can you..." He began trailing off nervously. "Can you bring me some pants?" 

"Of course." She sighed with a slight chuckle as he hung up and she directed Stiles to Parrish's apartment. When they got there she ran in, punching in the front door code and using his spare key to get in, before grabbing him some clothes. They drove to the station and searched around the area. When she finally spotted him she barely waited for the car to stop moving before jumping out and running over to him. She ran into his arms and he caught her, finding comfort in the smell of her hair. "I thought you were dead." She mumbled into his chest.

"I think I was." He stated. 

"What happened?" Lydia pulled away to look at him, taking in his appearance. He was covered in black soot and she hadn't noticed his nudity due to the relief of seeing him.

"I think it has to do with that list. Haigh, my partner, tried to kill me. He tied me to the steering wheel and set the car on fire." Jordan explained. "I should be dead right now." 

"But you're not." She said handing him the pants he had requested. Lydia turned around while he got dressed and once he was done she led him to Stiles jeep. He told Stiles what had happened and Stiles let it sink in. He had never been a huge fan of deputy Haigh but he had never expected him to try something like this. 

"We have to tell my dad. He can't get away with this." Stiles insisted.

"This also means hunters aren't the only ones with access to the list." Lydia pointed out clutching tightly to Parrish's hand.

"We should go get him cleaned up. His apartment's probably not safe but we can take him to my house." Stiles offered.

"How do we explain why you two are taking me home?" Parrish asked having calmed down since being in Lydia's presence. 

"I've got that covered," Stiles assured him. 

"Aren't you guys supposed to be out of town?" Parrish remembered as they pulled into the Stilinski's driveway. 

"Shit." Stiles mumbled under his breath. He had forgotten about the pack that would be waking up soon and would probably worry since he and Lydia weren't there. He showed Parrish to the bathroom so he could shower before calling Derek to explain. 

After hours of worrying, Derek finally received a call from Stiles.

"Where are you?" He growled out immediately. 

"Hey Sourwolf. I'm back in Beacon Hills at my house with Lydia." 

"You decided to just leave without telling me? I thought something had happened to you!" 

"Are you worried about me?" Stiles asked, playfully teasing his boyfriend. He was met with another growl. "I swear I'll explain when you get back." 

"Next time tell me before you go running off." Derek sighed.

"I'm sorry." Stiles sighed genuinely. "I love you."

"I love you too. Be careful. Like you said, you may not be on that list but you could still be a target." Derek warned, running a hand through his hair. 

"It's only one day. I think I can survive without you for one day."

"Stiles-"

"I will be careful." He promised before hanging up. Stiles went back downstairs where Lydia was sitting at his kitchen table. 

"How'd it go?" Lydia asked as Stiles sat down next to her. 

"He's worried." Stiles sighed running a hand through her hair.

"I know the feeling." Lydia glanced at the stairs, knowing Parrish was up there. "What are we going to do?" 

"For tonight he can stay in the guest room. We can do some research now that we have more information. We will figure out whatever he is." Stiles assured her, taking her hand. "No one's better at this than us." Their eyes locked and they smiled at each other, finding comfort in their bond. Jordan entered the kitchen, cleaned off and wearing the clothes Stiles had left for him. 

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked, eyes darting between the two of them. Lydia pulled her hand away and stood up, going over to him. 

"Just trying to come up with a plan," Lydia told him trying to stop him from getting jealous. 

"You can stay here at least for tonight." Stiles offered and he nodded. "Tomorrow we can figure out a better plan." 

"The pack will be back in the afternoon so we can take you to Derek's and he will help us protect you." Lydia held Jordan's hand tightly, rubbing comforting circles on the back of it with her thumb.

"What if Derek doesn't want to help me? From what you've told me he doesn't seem to be the kind to take in strays..." 

"I'm pretty sure Derek only takes in strays." Stiles teased starting to wonder what Lydia had told Parrish about his boyfriend. 

"We can talk more about this tomorrow but you should get some rest." Lydia urged her boyfriend. "You've been through a lot." 

"I'm not a child." Lydia crossed her arms and stared him down. He cowered under her glare. "And suddenly it's bedtime." He smiled sheepishly as Stiles made the sound of a whip. Lydia rolled her eyes at both of them before kissing Jordan's cheek.

"Come on, I'll tuck you in." She took his hand and led him upstairs to the Stilinski's guest room, ignoring the overdramtic groans from Stiles. 

The couple sat down on the spare bed an Lydia leaned onto Jordan's shoulder. 

"How did this become our life?" He sighed, running a hand through her hair. 

"Well I don't know about you but it became my life when I gotten bitten by Derek's psychotic uncle."

"I think for me it was the moment I fell in love with this incredible banshee with green eyes and strawberry blonde hair." Lydia blushed and looked up, meeting his eyes. She leaned in and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips.

"I promise we will figure this out." Lydia reluctantly stood up to leave. "Goodnight, Jordan."

"Goodnight, Lydia."