2

Lydia dressed up nicely for dinner, wanting to make a good impression. Even though she knew the sheriff and she was not actually dating Stiles, she had to give off the impression that she cared. Plus, if they couldn't convince the Sheriff, there was no point. She was about to leave when she got a phone call. She answered as she walked out to her car. 

"Hey," 

"I heard you've got dinner with the Sheriff tonight." Her boyfriend's voice on the other end of the phone made her smile.

"Well, the deputy was busy so I figured I'd go for the next best thing." She teased. "He heard about me and Stiles." She explained, starting her car. 

"Don't enjoy your fake boyfriend too much," Parrish warned playfully.

"I make no promises." Lydia couldn't get the smile off of her face as they talked. "I've got to get going, wouldn't want to be late. Are we still on for tomorrow?" 

"I am if you are." 

"Good. See you tomorrow." Lydia hung up and headed to the Stilinski house. She pulled up and parked in the driveway behind Stiles' jeep. She got out and strutted up to the front door. She was expecting Stiles to open it but instead, Sheriff Stilinski threw open the door with a big smile on her face. 

"Come on in, Lydia." 

"Thank you, Mr. Stilinski." She smiled politely. Stiles was standing by the stairs when she entered, waiting for her behind his dad. He gave her a smile of gratitude as his dad welcomed her inside. The sheriff went into the kitchen to finish up, giving his son a moment alone with his girlfriend.

"You look beautiful." Stiles smiled, glancing over his shoulder to see if his dad could hear them. "You are a lifesaver." He sighed. 

"No problem. We are helping each other out, remember?" She told him. He escorted her to the dining room and he pulled out a chair for her. "What a gentleman." She teased holding back from making a joke about his relationship. 

"I'm going to go check on my dad." He chuckled, disappearing into the kitchen. He helped finish up with dinner and brought Lydia a plate of food. 

Lydia had been the perfect girlfriend all night and Stiles was in awe of how great she was. At the end of the night, she said a polite goodbye to the sheriff before Stiles walked her to her car. 

"I have the best fake girlfriend in all of Beacon Hills," Stiles announced proudly and Lydia rolled her eyes. "Now I need a way to get to my very real boyfriend. Any ideas?" 

"I'll drop you off. Go tell your dad we're going out for ice cream." He kissed her cheek and bolted to the door, grabbing his jacket. 

"Hey Dad, I'm going out with Lydia, I'll be home later!" He called out, shutting the front door behind him. He sprinted back, climbing into the passenger's seat of Lydia's car. He wasn't used to riding in the passenger's seat as he usually insisted on driving. He knew he couldn't fight Lydia on it though. As Lydia started her car, Stiles texted Derek to tell him he was on his way.

"Do you want me to pick you up after?" Lydia offered, knowing they had to keep up appearances. 

"Would you mind?" He asked nervously. 

"Just remember that you owe me." She smirked. "I have plans tomorrow and I need you to cover for me." 

"And these plans are with..." 

"Stiles." She warned trying to stop his curiosity. 

"Come on! I think I deserve to know." He protested as Lydia approached Derek's building.