13

Lydia woke up in the middle of the night, a scream ringing throughout the lake house. Stiles jumped awake, immediately holding her as she fell back into his arms. He stroked her hair as she trembled. Their room was quickly filled with a concerned pack.

They could all hear Lydia's heart racing as she tried to focus on the voices in her head.

"What happened?" Scott asked, breaking her out of her trance.

"Nothing I- I just had a nightmare." She stated hoping her heart was racing enough to cover up the lie. Luckily, most of them bought the lie, heading back to sleep off the rest of the full moon. Allison and Jackson lingered until Stiles assured them he would take care of her.

Once they were alone again, Lydia sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed. She stood up and started to pull on clothes. Stiles got up with her, stepping in front of her path. She was dazed, not realizing he was there until she bumped into him. She looked up and processed who he was.

"Stiles." She mumbled as he held her face so she would look him in the eyes. "I need your keys. The jeep. I need- my car's not- I need to go- I-"

"Breathe. You're not driving anywhere like this. Especially in my jeep." He told her, trying to calm her down.

"Stiles I- it's Jordan. Something's wrong." He could see the concern in her eyes as tears brimmed. Stiles pulled on a hoodie and grabbed his keys.

"Let's go." Stiles debated texting Derek that they would be gone but instead decided not to worry him until they figured out what was going on. They got into his jeep and drove back towards Beacon Hills. Lydia called Jordan's cell and when he didn't answer, she tried again. And again.

"Please call me." She left a third message and got ready to call again when Stiles reached over and put his hand over her scream, breaking her out of her trance.

"Lyds, he's not answering." Stiles sighed. "I'll try calling my dad. He might know where Parrish is on duty tonight." Lydia nodded slowly, placing her phone down on her lap. Stiles kept his eyes fixed on the road as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He handed it to Lydia to dial his dad's number.

"What's your password?" She asked trying to keep herself calm as all of the possibilities ran through her head.

"4253." Lydia punched in the numbers noticing that they spelled a certain last name.

"Hale? Seriously?" She let out a weak laugh and he smiled at her. She found the sheriff's contact and pressed call, handing the phone back to Stiles.

"Dad?"

"It's 2am Stiles." His dad groaned back.

"Is Parrish at the station?"

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Can you find out? It's important." Stiles heard a loud sigh from the other end. A few minutes went by and they waited patiently for an answer.

"He's not at the station. He's out on patrol with Haigh." Noah informed them.

"Have you heard from them at all?"

"Stiles, it's my night off, my deputies tend not to call me when I'm off duty. Unlike my son..." Stiles chuckled feeling a little guilty about bothering his dad.

"I will make it up to you." He offered. "One more thing, do you know where they were on patrol tonight?"

"Stiles."

"Alright. I get it. I'll leave you alone." Stiles looked over at Lydia who was staring at him with wide eyes, waiting for an answer. As Stiles said goodbye and hung up, she glanced back down at her phone.

"So?"

"He's on patrol with Haigh. I don't know anything else but we can go down to the station if you want." Stiles suggested. Lydia closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Do you trust me?" She asked, not opening her eyes.

"Of course I trust you." He glanced at her, wondering why she would ever doubt that.

"Take a left." Lydia began spouting directions like a supernatural GPS until they reached a parking lot. Stiles parked his jeep and they got out running over to what looked like the remains of a cop car.

"Oh my god," Stiles blurted upon seeing the wreck. Lydia felt sick and clutched onto Stiles not able to look at the scene in front of her. He held her, scanning the debris for any sign of a body.

Stiles hesitantly let Lydia go, walking her back to the jeep before going over to what remained of the police cruiser

Stiles hesitantly let Lydia go, walking her back to the jeep before going over to what remained of the police cruiser. He pushed a few of the bigger pieces around pulling his sleeve over his hand to avoid burning himself. As he made it through the pile he remarked the lack of body parts among the car parts.

He turned back to where Lydia was sitting in the jeep waiting for him. He ran back to the car and climbed into the driver's seat.

"Lyds, Parrish isn't there." Stiles told her, gesturing to the wreck.

"Then where is he?" They fell silent, neither having an answer. Both of their hearts were racing when Lydia's phone rang. She checked the caller id and gasped, answering it immediately.

"Jordan?"