Passing The Bar

Anastasia
I was stressed out about studying for the bar and I passed it and I was one of the top scores. I can now open my law firm. I am working with a law clinic part time, my own firm part time and running my Steele Solutions as well. I will soon expand our business to a bigger building that Elliott has found and renovated for me. Again I will live in the top floors. My old building was sold very quickly and I made a huge profit. The market for that area really went up. The area of the new building was not in demand and I was bringing in new business so I was given a substantial tax break and the seller was motivated to sell for half the asking price. Everything needed replaced and upgraded, Elliott sent in crews that were working around the clock to get everything completed. We moved the week before the new owners took over my old building. Talk about timing. I now have an HR department and a COO and CEO who run my Steele Solutions company under my scrutiny. I have created a schedule that works for me, but I have two assistants, one for day and one for evening. I even started a child care for 24/7 care. HR made sure the people hired for the childcare program were throughly checked out. I hired someone to do background checks and investigations. I have a driver and a bodyguard at this point. I actually went up against Carrick in several cases, two were settled out of court and one we went head to head and the judge said that Carrick's client should have settled out of court because he now is paying three times what the judgement was. His client was also arrested by the judge for his admissions on the stand.

Carrick
My client opened up a can of worms on the stand and he admitted to a crime that he didn't disclose to me in any of our meetings. The judge asked me if I had prior knowledge to this crime before he took the stand. I had no idea that he was guilty of anything until he admitted it on the stand under oath. I brought in my assistant who was at every meeting with us and recorded everything with my clients permission. The judge took the time to listen to the recordings and found us not guilty of knowing he broke the law. I could then sever all ties with with my client after that. He told the court that I had knowledge of his crime. The judge approved my severing ties with my client. He has to find a criminal attorney to defend him now. The settlement was taken from his frozen assets and given to Miss Steele and her client. I hadn't realized that Anastasia had passed the bar and now has her own practice. When I saw her name on the docket I thought as a novice attorney she would want to settle a case against a seasoned attorney as myself, boy was I shocked. All those years in foster care made her into a machine in the court room. I know she has more than one business in Seattle and getting into more of them. She has Steele Solutions Company and is the owner and she brought in a great group of people to run her company, but she still holds the reins. She rarely makes appearances and she only does it for charities involving children who need and hand. Grace invites her to them often and she donates money every time. She has patents on a lot of software and devices ran by the software. She is considered a genius in the computer world and she also is making her mark in the business and now she is tackling the legal world. I am waiting for her next endeavor. Christian says he is glad she hasn't broached the mergers and acquisitions world yet.

Grace
I invited Anastasia over to dinner tonight and Mia has invited Barney over as well. I think the girl is falling in love with Barney. Anastasia is not dating and is very busy with her businesses and now her law practice. Carrick told me how she beat him in court and didn't blink an eye when he tried to rattle her or her client. She went after his client like a shark after blood in the water. You couldn't tell that by the way she is around us in a social setting. She tends to be shy. Elliott says she is good at negotiating things with him. He has renovated several buildings for her and uses her skills to help him with his construction software upgrades and robotics to help him find bad pipelines. She built him several pieces of equipment and they made his life easier on job sites that they had to be careful because of old pipes and electrical lines. She developed something that help extend the fiber optics underground as well. All of them were patented and are now being manufactured at her local factory. I am dumbfounded by all of this and she was raised by foster parents. She was hurt by foster children at a very young age.

Barney
I am happy to know that Anastasia was invited to dinner as well, it will lessen the pressure on me. Mia and I started dating not long after Melissa and I broke up, well I broke up with her right before she and her hacker boy toys were put behind bars. I always like Mia and Christian finally took me off probation after I got Anastasia to step in and help me get GEH up to date on the best protection available to anyone in the world. Can't be hacked and is updated regularly. Talk about nice work. She came in and installed devices along with software to detect any kind of bugs or devices that could possibly connect to our servers.

Mia
At first I was jealous of Anastasia because I thought they were a couple, but as time went on they were more like siblings. I can see Christian and Elliott really like chatting with Anastasia about all kinds of things. I feel Barney reach out to hold my hand under the table and squeeze my it.