Masquerade Ball

Christian
Mom chose a masquerade theme for the latest charity event. Then she has us all sit at tables reserved for us. How can we hide behind masks and sit at a table we were assigned to sit at and nobody knowing who we are behind those masks. Mom sometimes fails in these kind of situations even though she's a brilliant doctor. Dad says it is because there are too many cooks in the kitchen on the planning of these events. It probably wasn't her idea to wear masks and then place us all at the same tables and give the single women and men a clear message of where the wealthy single people are seated. So far I have dodged three women and two men hitting on me. Elliott finds it amusing until he was hit on three men and no women lol. Anastasia was invited and she arrived with her bodyguards and sat at the table next to us. Mia and Barney sat with her. Mom had nothing to do with the sitting arrangements. So we ended up with single females that were treating me and Elliott like we are their dates for the evening. Mom told us to be polite and just let them know that we aren't interested in them as a date or anything else. I told the women that I don't like strangers touching me and not touching me under the table. I finally got up and moved to the table with Mia, Barney and Anastasia and took one of the guys seats who hasn't arrived yet. Elliott followed me over and we replaced the cards with ours and had the servers put the missing mens cards in our spots at the Grey table. They finally arrived and sat in our old seats. Mom and dad were unhappy but kept up the pretense that everything was okay. They definitely were not happy and they were dragged into all kinds of questions by their new guests.

Elliott
I follow Christian over to the table Mia is sitting at. At least her friend Anastasia doesn't hit on us. So we can have a nice conversation. Mia is excited about her latest project and Anastasia is looking into her establishing a small eatery inside her latest building. It will be on the ground floor and the workers in the building won't need to go out to lunch. I am involved in the build. They will deliver meals to the building employees. I was asked to look at a design and for GEM publishing and see if it would work for what the new owner is looking to do. I think Mia and Anastasia know Kate Kavanagh and really don't like her. She is here with her parents and they are not far from my parents table. I think she brought a date thank the lord. We are bidding on various auction items that were donated. Luckily they decided not to the first dance auctions because it caused way too much trouble. We decided to hold a casino area and a third of the proceeds are required to enter the games. You buy in and play for two hours. I went in and lost all my chips. Christian however won and the donated everything to the charity. Most people were very generous when it came to donating. Mia and Anastasia passed on the casino. They just made donations. Barney just wrote a check. He was too busy assuring  Mia wasn't hit on by anyone.

Kate
Jose and I came to the ball together and I am glad we did, it kept my parents off my back. They keep after Ethan and me to get married and have grandchildren. Both of us are busy in our careers. Mom asked Jose about his plans for marriage and children and he just said if it happens it happens. He left it at that. My parents didn't see the humor in it at all.

Jose
Kate and I have a relationship and we just don't want the pressure of marriage and children for right now. We keep things quiet at work because it might cause issues for us both. Plus we aren't sure about our friends with benefits future and if we might want more later on. We go out on dates and events like this one. There is a dance floor and people are dancing and having fun. Kate drags me to dance with her and there are a few people dancing and the band is just getting warmed up. Kate is getting into it and I follow along. Soon the dance floor is crowded. I have to say this is a great party. Kate's parents have left and so have a number of the older people. Kate and I finally made it home and I stayed the night again.  I am doing a lot better and I am not obsessed with Anastasia any longer. So many other beautiful women and all have recognized my abilities to take perfect shots of them to get jobs in modeling, acting and whatever other careers they need to be photogenic in.

Anastasia
I have danced with several guys and it has been fun, but I have work to attend to and I take off for my car and my driver is waiting for me and the bodyguards. I see Christian take off his mask and he is waiting for his driver to arrive. He asks me if he can give me a call and go out to eat soon because he has something he wants to talk about regarding a new company and Barney is too close to the person to give him and objective evaluation of the company's long term plans and he wants my thoughts on it. I agree to help him with telling Barney anything. He already has my number and arranged a call and will send the information directly to my personal fax. He said he tried to get hold of me several times.