A Romance

Detective Robert Clark
I have finally asked Kate out on a date. She wasn't sure at first, but she finally accepted my invitation. We head to a local restaurant and grab a nice meal. I am saving for a nice home and I don't overspend on things. I hope that Kate and I are both like that because I have a house in mind and I am close to having the money to put down on it. Kate looks great as usual and I am happy that we are finally on our date. She's really doing well running GEM.

Kate
Robert picks me up and we head out to dinner at Mia's place. It is one of the smaller restaurants that Mia Grey owns and operates. We are seated close to the dance floor. The place is very nice and the music is great. I have been here a few times. Jose and I have came here and danced a lot with friends and co workers. It isn't the most expensive place to have fun at. It is the most popular for the young people to come and enjoy a really good meal and drink without worrying about the cost breaking the budgets. It isn't a place you would go to like White Castle and have no concerns of the costs. Sadly since the pandemic all budgets have been blasted all to hell. Prices are really not moderated and things are no so readily available. The convenience stores are not always conveniently stocked. Runs on supplies fluctuate and shelves are emptied within moments after they bring out stock. It was hard to wear the masks and purchase things as well. You just hope you get to the items you need before everyone takes them. Parts for cars are another thing that is not easy to find. Thieves are stealing parts off cars and the cars they are stealing are not the expensive ones anymore. My car insurance has gone up due to the fact it is on a hot list for being top of cars stolen. I bought it because it was not a car that would be stripped of parts and my insurance was low. Now my insurance is sky high for my car. I am going to trade it in soon.

Mia
I am in the office of our newest restaurant and the manager is sitting with me discussing how it is doing. The audits look good, but there are a few discrepancies in the totals. It was brought to my attention that the operating costs were higher than projected by about fifty thousand dollars. We are trying to figure out how it was exactly fifty thousand dollars and we found a check written out for that exact amount for cash. Someone thinks that I won't miss fifty thousand dollars. They forget who I am and who my family members are, or maybe they think that I won't miss the money. Wrong on both counts. Jacob Martin is sitting across from me and the auditor I brought in to look over the books. I had Anastasia build in access to all my business accounts and who has access, so I know someone has thought they could take fifty thousand dollars out of my account for this place and because it is new it would be considered opening costs. Right now I am looking at Jacob Martin, but I happen to know that he isn't the culprit, but he knows who might be after seeing the books. Jacob made some mistakes and hired people that needed second chances. We cleared them immediately after we found the money missing. Jacob is cleared as well. Someone is good at covering their tracks. But not good enough to get by the software that makes it impossible to erase tracks that lead directly to them. They might change dates and times on the computer in front of them, they can't change it in the system. What they also forget is the check going into a bank account, one that puts holds on checks for a thousand dollars. We got the police involved once we had the evidence. Gia Matteo was framed by her husband who was working as an accountant for me. She was giving birth to her first child when he stupidly embezzled the fifty thousand dollars from me. Andrew Matteo had been gambling and owed the fifty thousand dollars to a loan shark. He is still putting the blame on his wife. We have concrete evidence that it was him. Gia said she is done with him. I ask dad to help her get divorced from him. She needs to distance herself and her son Teo Matteo. We can't lose her as an employee. She brought this to our attention knowing it made it look like she was guilty of stealing the money. Her and Andrew had only been married a year. Barney told me that Andrew wasn't a good guy, but he didn't elaborate any further. He didn't have a criminal record because he hadn't been caught until now.

Gia Matteo
I can't believe Andrew set me up to take a fall for his theft of fifty thousand dollars from Mia Grey. Anastasia Steele saved my ass on this one by proving that I wasn't the one who took the money. She told me that she can't discuss how she proved my innocence because it is a trade secret and still getting patents. Thank the lord for tech geniuses. Barney Miller was there as well, he helped build the software and equipment to run the programs.

Andrew Matteo
My wife wouldn't even answer my calls from jail. I have a public defender and a son that I have never seen. Gia was questioned soon after giving birth to our son. Somehow they discovered it was me who took the fifty thousand dollars.

Christian
I talked Anastasia into setting her software up as a trial at Mia's new restaurant and I am very glad I had. It worked perfectly and we caught the actual thief. After we found it worked perfectly on a small system, we are going to run tests on small sectors until we get it fully tested and installed. We had discussed the glitches that might happen in our larger system. The patents aren't ready yet. Once they are we will install them with her and her teams along with Barney. I think Mia gets jealous of Anastasia bring around Barney. I know that Anastasia is not interested in Barney at all. I took her to dinner and we spoke to Mia about the possibility of adding the software to all her companies system. Barney will be doing the installation. Anastasia will monitor it from a remote location. I will get reports directly from Anastasia regarding how well it is working. She has built in an alarm in the system to sends notifications of unauthorized activity and anything the looks odd. Changes in dates that are in real time. Also if the person is off the clock and not in the building. We set things up so we know who is off duty and not in the building by facial recognition.