Chapter Fifty Five - Break In Mission

AVENGER'S COMPOUND

"That is the fourth death this week." Sighed Nat, putting that file down with all of the information of the latest death, a SHEILD agent by the name of Robert Gonzales.

"They're using the cover of night to hide." Steve was looking through an identical file. "And whoever it is, they are are highly trained."

"But they can't completely hide." Clint spoke up, pouring himself a cup of coffee. "They have to be leaving some sort of evidence behind."

"JARVIS, play back the video of Robert's death again." Tony sighed, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Of course Sir." JARVIS replied and the TV screen and the end of the dining table lit up, replaying the video of Robert Gonzales death for the fifth time.

"We must be missing something." Thor said from where he was sitting in his chair.

"Yeah, no shit." Loki spat, slamming down his book on the coffee table. "Why can't any of you accept it, its Emily and Roger's cyborg friend. They're mind controlling them again, and we have to find a way to free them both."

"But how?" Sighed Nat. "We don't know where their new base is where they are keeping them."

"Why don't we just track her?" Asked Thor.

"They've disable the trackers in her bracelets." Tony shook his head, standing up and walking into the kitchen. "They must have destroyed them."

"We need to find another way to get a tracker on either one of them." Steve said, looking away from the video.

"How are we going to get a tracker on her anyway if all of her shots are long distance?" Asked Clint. "We can't see where they're shooting from until they've fired the bullet, and they're gone by then.

"What if we try and get her to come to us?" Wanda spoke up hesitantly. "Like use one of us as bait?"

"That's way to dangerous." Steve shook his head. "We can't afford anyone to be hurt."

"No, she might be onto something." Tony stepped down from the kitchen bench where he had been trying to reach the alcohol on top of the cupboards. "That could work, we need someone that can get away quickly though, but also who will be able to get the tracker on them without them noticing."

Everyone looked immediately over at Loki who rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

"That makes sense." Steve said. "You'll be able to get out of there quicker than anyone else with your teleportation if something takes a turn for the worst."

"But where should we stage it?" Asked Thor.

"It's not a play Thor." Said Clint. "But how about somewhere in the open, she'll be able to find us quicker? They tend to target around the main cities on New York as well."

"Well, it's settled then." Tony said, taking a swig from a bottle. "Suit up everyone, we need to get there as soon as possible."

-{+}-

EMILY POV:

The Soldier and I had each driven a motorbike this time, because our next two targets were near a forest and with them, it would be a quicker escape.

As we reached the edge of the forest, I noticed the large silver building about 300 metres away. We cut the engines of our bike and hopped off, taking off our helmets and leaving them hanging it on the handle bars.

We began to walk right to the edge of the trees, cautiously, and waited a couple of minutes for any sign of activity.

"There are camera's everywhere." The Soldier said, pulling out his little disk and creating a 3D diagram of the compound. "The quickest and easiest way through is through there." A red line lit up on the diagram. "That will take up to what is appariently the luggage room. From there, we can climb up into the vents and until we are just above the Lab. You'll shoot the red buzzer of the wall and that will immediately open that power box there. Then, I will destroy that power box and the power will be out in the whole building. But not for long. We have a max of three minutes too find the targets, kill them and then get out of there before the backup power kicks in. Got that?"