Chapter Sixty

I woke up to cold metal against my arms and I groggily opened my eyes. The shapes were blurry at first but as I blinked, I slowly making out the shape of a man in the metal suit holding me as we flew in the sly.

Then all of the pain flooded in.

I didn't have enough energy to scream and I only managed a weak groan that sounded more like a squeak. The man looked down at me and I saw him tense, but he slowly relaxed slightly.

"Hey Emily." He said, voice slightly muffled because of the helmet.

I didn't know who he was talking about. My name wasn't Emily, my name was... . I paused. I didn't actually know where I was.

I coughed weakly as the cool air whipped past us as the man in the suit flew, my brain hurting too much to figure out why or how we were flying. As I moved, my ribs twinge painfully and I groaned softly again. The man looked down at me, any emotion hidden by the helmet. I saw building begin to appear on either side of us and the sound of gunshots became louder, which caused me to tense again.

"Any chance you can control you litlte cyborg friend?" The man asked as we touched down on the ground and I over weakly to see a vaugley familiar man with long brown hair fighting a blonde man with a shield. I stared at them and a weak memory stirred inside my head.

"Soldier." I whispered, so quietly that he shouldn't have been to hear, but he did, pausing and looked over at me. He slammed Steve to the ground and ran over to me, clearly recognising the man with who was holing me as a threat. Another faint memory stirred in my head and I switched to rough Russian, whispering the word that I vagely remembered being used in extreame emoergencies with this man.

"отдыхать Солдат."

"Rest Soldier."

It worked almost immediately and I watched, still limp in the metal man's arms, as his knees gave out underneath him he tunbled down to the ground, unconsious.

"Can you put me down?" I asked the metal man softly, wondering if he actually would. The man seemed to hesitate, but as the man, who I remembered as the Soldier stirred, the metal man gently bent down and placed me on the cracked road. I stumbled over weakly to the Soldier as he stirred, and fell to my knees next to him as he looked up at me with bleary eyes.

"Soldier." I croaked softly. "Are you okay?"

"Emily?" He asked in an equally broken voice. "What's happening? Where are we?"

"I don't know." I ignored the use of the name Emily again.

He slowly stood up and carefully picked me up, causing me to wince slightly, but I felt comforted against his chest. He turned around to look at all of the other unfamiliar people standing near us.

"How long has it been?" He asked the metal man in a steady voice.

"Four months." The metal man replied, and I blinked softly. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of green and I flinched, only to see a man with long raven hair appear right in front of us. The Soldier stepped back with me in his arms but somehow, the raven haired man managed to get me out of the Soldier's arms and I ended up in the new man's arm. I whimpered softly as my whole body screamed in pain and the raven-haired man carefully swept hair out of my face as I looked up at him fearfully.

"Emily, it's me." He smiled softly as he looked down at me, but I just panicked more. I was confused as to why everyone was calling me Emily when I knew that my name wasn't Emily. Everything was just really overwhleming at the moment.

"Guys?" Someone said and all of us looked over to a woman dressed completely in black with red hair plaited tightly. "Who is that?"

We all looked over at where she was pointing and I saw a tall shape walking out of the flames covering several cars in the street, flanked by two smaller shapes. I immediately recognised the smaller shapes as Strucker and Zola, and the raven-haired man stepped back with me, holding me thightly as I stiffened, my heart jumping in fear.

The figure that was between them was tall, way too tall to be a normal human. His skin was purple and covered in gold armour and his footsteps shook the ground.

"Who are you?" The man in the metal suit demanded.

"I am Safak," the purple creature replied, "Son of Thanos."