Chapter 1

Phantom screamed as his heart shattered clutching Fundy to his chest. The sudden scream alarmed Death, who immediately rushed forward to look at her grandson. She gasped and covered her mouth in shock. "O-Oh my God..." She muttered, her eyes wide in horror as she shakily crouched beside Phantom, crying freely as his grip tightened.

    Death shakily extended a hand forward to cup Fundy's face, tears filling in her eyes. Her eyes glowed slightly as her hand came in contact with the boy. Her dark wings stiffened as she blankly stared at Fundy, and then a while later her eyes returned to their usual plain white. Her wings drooped and she bowed her head, letting the tears fall from her eyes as she cried silently.

    Ph1LzA looked at her, dreading that she would do the opposite of what he thought she would do. His eyes widened as she started crying, and his wings drooped as tears pricked his eyes. "No..." Blade whispered as he looked at Fundy's dead body, his heart dropping as he put his sword away, not taking his eyes off the boy.

    Tears pricked his eyes as he stepped forward, looking at the boy in Phantom's arms. The voices suddenly became very silent, and so did the heroes. All of the heroes bowed their heads in respect, some of them crying while others barely held back their tears. Phantom hugged his son tightly as he cried, his tears falling onto Fundy's blood-stained dress. 

    Blade walked forward and placed a comforting hand on Phantom's shoulder as he bowed his head, a tear flowing down his face. Phantom glanced at the wall as he heard something. He looked up at Blade pleadingly and Blade nodded, understanding quickly. He turned around to the rest of the heroes, a lump in his throat. Steam was rising from his cheeks due to his tears burning him, but he didn't care.

    "We can't stay here. We're all vulnerable right now, there's too big of a chance for an ambush." Blade said, trying to force the lump down, but he couldn't. The heroes nodded and a few stepped outside, checking to see if the coast was clear. The small group of vigilantes looked at each other uncertainly, and Captain nodded, then turned to the heroes.

    "There might be a small chance you can bring him back to life. Go, we'll make sure you can get out of here safely." Captain said, looking at SBI with sympathy. Ph1LzA looked at her silently and nodded, looking back at the heroes. The heroes understood and surrounded SBI, guarding them as they started to leave the warehouse. Someone tried to gently take Fundy from Phantom, but Phantom tightened his grip and didn't look at the person. Blade was trying his best to comfort Phantom on the way back, but Phantom was focused on Fundy.

    They went back in silence, rushing as fast as they could to the Hero Headquarters. There was a separate floor for medics, where all the heroes with healing powers worked. Everyone quickly burst through the doors as they rushed to the medic level where the infirmary was. Phantom gently placed Fundy on a bed as soon as they entered the infirmary, watching anxiously as he stepped to the side, allowing the healing heroes to immediately start working on Fundy.

    He watched as orbs of magic surrounded Fundy, silently hoping the healing would work. After a while of the heroes trying their best, they bowed their heads, the orbs of magic slowly disappearing. Phantom's eyes widened as he stumbled back, a new wave of tears pricking his eyes. Totem looked at Phantom and shook his head slowly, hanging his head.

"I'm sorry."