Chapter 14

I tried my best to keep on looking at my coffee, but my eyes found themselves looking at Fundy yet again. I didn't know what even to feel right now. Clearly, for Wilbur, Fundy was alive and healthy. Maybe it was his grief that caused him to be like this..? The voices finally spoke up again.

    "WHAT THE-" The word got beeped out and I sighed, pinching my nosebridge. "Well, shit." A voice muttered. "...I'm scared." Another voice said in a hushed tone. "Is Wilbur going to go crazy..?" The voice asked in a hushed whisper and I choked on my coffee, making Wilbur look at me in concern. I shook my head, signalling I was fine. He nodded slowly, his eyes lingering on me for a while longer before he turned his attention back to Fundy. I sighed.

    "Hopefully not." I mumbled. I took a small sip of my coffee, closing my eyes and trying to not look at the corpse. Maybe I was dreaming..? Yeah. Maybe I still haven't woken up. But while I was in my train of thought, I took a big sip of my coffee on accident and burned my tongue, confirming this wasn't a dream. My eyes widened as I swallowed the liquid and then slammed the cup down on the counter, my eyes watering slightly.

    "SON OF A SAUSAGE-" I yelled, holding my hand over my mouth. Wilbur shot up at the noise and gently pet my back. "You alright, Techno..?" He asked, concern in his voice. I looked at him and got a weird sense of déjà vu. Of course I did. For a split second, I saw the Wilbur from when things were fine. When Fundy was still alive, when he felt safe from Sally. I scoffed slightly at the thought.

Guess all good things come to an end, huh?

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Everyone watched as Quackity froze. He looked at Tommy's wings, then at his own, then at Tommy's wings. Then he shook his head and moved to sit behind Tommy. "J-Just a wild guess." He said, gently stroking Tommy's wings. Then he got to work, pulling out loose feathers and cleaning the good feathers. At some points, he'd quickly shapeshift into a duck and use his beak to preen.

    When he was done, there were feathers in a pile in between Tommy and Quackity. Quackity scooped them up and dumped them in a bag he brought. No one said a word during this process, then Quackity used a soft towel to wipe anything else off of Tommy's wings. He blew on the wings softly and smiled slightly when they fluttered.

    Tubbo watched the whole event with interest, then his eyes lit up as he got an idea. "Wait! Tommy, you said your wings were burning when you got them, right?" He asked, looking at Tommy, who just nodded, unable to speak. Tubbo gasped. "I think I know what type of bird Tommy is!" He said and Quackity froze, looking at Tubbo. Tubbo grinned.

"Tommy's a Kentucky Fried Chicken!"