Chapter 12

Ranboo said, trying to make a light-hearted comment. Purpled laughed shakily. "Me neither. I was half expecting one of us to be lying sideways across another person." He said, trying to smile, but his eyes showed his true emotions; worry. Tubbo grinned half-heartedly.

    "Say no more." He said, then stretched his legs down to Ranboo. Ranboo smiled under his mask, understanding immediately. He moved back, then laid on top of Tubbo's leg, grabbing Tommy's waist from the side. The two looked at Purpled with a half-hearted grin. "So, have we achieved your dream cuddle pile?" Tubbo asked and Purpled smiled shakily. "I guess so." He said, then looked back at Tommy's eyes that were clenched shut.

    He gently touched the ice pack, then pressed a small kiss to Tommy's cheek, kissing some of the tears away as he caressed his face gently. Ranboo snuggled around Tommy's waist, then looked up at the wings. His eyes widened slightly as he watched the wings. "Oh damn." He muttered, making Tubbo turn his head down to look at it, then winced.

    There were two small, hard buds of flesh pressing through the ripped flesh, making even more blood pour out. Tommy trembled, his muffled screams getting slightly louder. Tubbo's eyes softened as he kissed Tommy's head. "Oh, Tommy..." He mumbled. Tommy started sweating midway and the trio did their best to comfort him, but they didn't know if it was even working at this point.

    They watched as the time passed and as his wings slowly came out, soaking the nest of clothes with blood in the process. The buds of flesh slowly came out, then after time passed, there was something made of flesh that slightly resembled a pair of wings. "Flip him onto his stomach!" Purpled said suddenly, his eyes widening. As Tubbo and Ranboo looked at him weirdly, he sighed.

    "The wings might get crushed or turn out deformed. Flip him over so there's more room." He said. "Ohh..." They mumbled and nodded, helping to flip Tommy over. Tommy buried his face in the nest, his screaming muffled by the nest of clothes. "It's alright..." Ranboo mumbled softly, gently rubbing Tommy's arm consolingly. By now, his back was covered in blood. Then suddenly, Tommy's head went limp.

    Tubbo started panicking, but Purpled checked his pulse and sighed in relief. "He fainted. It's fine. It's better if he's unconscious actually, he won't be able to feel the pain. Hopefully." He muttered and Ranboo sighed in relief. The trio cuddled closer, slightly relieved Tommy wasn't screaming anymore. Tubbo watched the wings with a small smile.

    At some point, they had to move out of the nest because of how big Tommy's wings were getting. After a while, the shapes of flesh hardened and skin covered the flesh. Then, his feathers started growing. The trio watched in silent awe as bright red feathers slowly peeked out from the wings, then pressed out until they were mostly nine inches long. They had a slight orange hue to them, and they were gorgeous in Purpled's opinion.

Tommy's wings were finally fully out.