Chapter 6

Tommy immediately jumped down, holding Clementine tightly as he landed silently. He hid behind a garbage can and peered over the edge to see what was happening. "Come on, don't make this harder than it already is." The man said through gritted teeth. The boy cried and shook his head.

    "No! I wanna go back to Dad!" The boy said and the man scoffed. "Your "Dad" took you away from me. Now come on, let's go home." The man said and the boy cried and shook his head. "I don't wanna, Papa! I wanna go back to Dad!" The boy said, trying to get away, but the man's grip tightened on his wrist. The man scoffed. "What makes you think your dad is better than your papa? Come on, don't be ridiculous." The man said, clearly annoyed.

    That was all Tommy needed to hear. He sneaked up behind the man, and swiftly hit his head with Clementine. He didn't cut him, he used Clementine's flat side to knock him out. He looked at the man disapprovingly as he fell back, unconscious. He rolled his eyes, and then knelt down in front of the kid. "Hey, you alright?" He asked gently, and the kid looked at the unconscious man with wide and scared eyes.

    "Y-You killed him!" The boy said in shock, his hands going up to his mouth as he knelt by the side of the man. "Papa!" The boy yelled, shaking the man slightly as tears fell from his eyes. Tommy's eyes softened as he looked at the crying boy. "Hey, it's fine! Don't worry, your papa's completely fine. He's just... taking a nap!" Tommy said, trying to comfort the boy.

    The boy looked at him with teary eyes. "So why isn't he waking up?" The boy said, tears steadily falling from his innocent and round eyes. Tommy put his index and middle finger on the man's neck, holding his breath as he waited. As soon as he felt a pulse, he sighed in relief. "He's just taking a very deep sleep. He's still alive. See?" Tommy said, gently grabbing the boy's hand and placing it on the man's chest.

    When the boy heard the man's heartbeat, he sighed in relief. "O-Oh. Thank you!" He said, wiping his tears away with a smile. He looked down at the man's face and frowned slightly. "He's never like this... Ever since him and Dad got a divorce he changed. It's scary." The boy said, his eyes filling with tears again. Tommy's heart cracked as he looked at the sorrow filled boy. He gently wrapped an arm around the boy.

    "It'll be alright. Don't worry." He mumbled, and the boy sniffled and buried his head in Tommy's chest, crying slightly. Tommy pet the boy's head, comforting him the best he could. "Hey, where do you live? I'll drop you two off." Tommy said and the boy sniffled. "About three minutes from here I think." The boy said, looking up at Tommy. Tommy smiled and nodded.

    "Alright then. Lead the way!" He said, grabbing the man's arm and wrapping it around his shoulder. He winced and his grip tightened on Clementine. The boy wiped his eyes and looked at the buildings with a determined look. "Follow me!" He said, then started walking out of the alley they were in.

    After a while, they reached the apartment the boy said the man lived in. After walking up a flight of stairs, he opened the door to the man's apartment, and the boy helped get the man onto the sofa. As they were helping him, Tommy realised something fell out of the man's pocket. He reached down to pick it up and looked at the two items.

They were music discs.