Chapter 8

I slowly opened my eyes, blinked a few times, and then sat up. I groaned slightly, then I remembered everything that had happened yesterday. My heart sank, and I blinked my tears away. He was really gone, huh? I'd never get to hear his little laughs of joy, or his excited tone when he told me about something he found interesting. I kept my eyes closed for a few more seconds, willing the lump in my throat to go away.

    Surprise, surprise, it didn't. I sighed and grabbed my glasses from my bedside table. After putting them on, I blinked a few times, then grabbed a hair tie next to my glasses. I slowly put my hair up in a ponytail, then slowly got out of bed. I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to lie in bed all day. But, sadly, I had to get up and do something. I sighed as I sloppily fixed my bed, then went downstairs to the kitchen. Maybe a cup of coffee might do me some good.

    As I walked, I realized the voices were unusually silent. It was peaceful, but it felt weird. I was so used to them screaming and shouting 24/7, I felt awkward when there was not a single sound in my head. When I reached the kitchen to brew myself coffee, I was expecting some things. Mum and Dad talking to each other, Dad making breakfast, and Wilbur not being downstairs yet.

    However, what I was not expecting was to be hit with the smell of sizzling eggs and toasted bread. I looked around in confusion, then my eyes widened. To my shock, I saw Wilbur. Making eggs. He noticed me staring at him and smiled at me. "Good morning, Techno!" He chirped with a cheerful smile. Then I looked at the table and my heart dropped. Fundy was sitting at the table.

Or well, Fundy's corpse was sitting at the table.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Tommy's eyes shot open as he started screaming, and his door immediately burst open. The light was turned on, and Tommy saw Purpled looking at him in worry. "T-Tommy?!" He sputtered, rushing over to Tommy's side. Tommy looked at Purpled with tears in his eyes and tried to stop screaming, but he couldn't.

    For some reason, his back was hurting like hell. It felt like his skin was being ripped away slowly and painfully. "Tommy, what's wrong?" Purpled asked, trying to keep the panic out of his voice right as Ranboo ran in with Tubbo. Tears were now streaming down Tommy's face as he tried to stop screaming, but he couldn't. At this rate, he was going to scream his throat raw.

    Tubbo watched Tommy with immense worry, confusion, and panic as he curled up. Tubbo narrowed his eyes and gasped slightly. "Get his shirt off!" He said and Ranboo nodded, quickly taking the blanket off Tommy, then trying to get Tommy's shirt off, which was a struggle considering the state Tommy was in.

    When they finally got his shirt off, Tubbo looked at Tommy's back, then his eyes widened and he immediately clapped a hand to his mouth. He gagged in horror as he turned away from Tommy, trying to keep the bile from rising up his throat. Ranboo tried to help Tubbo, who was a second away from releasing everything he ate at the festival.

    "W-Why on earth is it-" Tubbo said, then clapped his hand to his mouth again as he tried not to throw up. Purpled climbed onto the bed and gently put Tommy's head in his lap, trying to comfort him as he screamed. He looked at Tommy's back with confusion and horror as he tried to soothe him.

There was something moving under Tommy's skin.