Chapter 3

Tommy waited anxiously and then jumped slightly when he heard the window open. He shifted immediately to look at the window and saw Captain and three others coming back through the window. "What happened?" Tommy asked, his throat dry as he nervously wrung his hands.

    When Captain bowed her head with tears pricking her eyes, Tubbo gasped quietly with tears pricking his own eyes. "But he was just a kid..." Ranboo whispered with a hand to his mouth. "W-Well, any sign of her?" Purpled managed to get out, and Minx looked up with sadness and slight confusion in her eyes.

    "That's the weird part. There was no one there. W-We found him hidden behind some p-planks of wood." She said, looking at everyone and then looking away. Tommy glanced away as he started thinking, a tear spilling out from his eye. "It's like she abandoned ship..." He muttered. "But why would she do that?" Jack asked, looking around at everyone in the room. "Maybe she got tipped off?" Bad supplied, transforming back to his human form. "But why did she kill him and not take him with her?" Tubbo asked, his brow furrowed slightly.

    "That probably means she didn't kidnap him for ransom then... Maybe her plan was to kill him this whole time?" Captain added, wiping her eyes as she raised her head slightly. As she wiped her tears away roughly, the dripping cloud over her head slowly stopped dripping and was now just a small grey cloud.

    "So then her reason for kidnapping him was just to kill him? This whole time?" Ranboo asked, his voice shaking with anger and sadness. Tommy shook his head. "No... Something seems off. She wouldn't do that. Did anyone here personally know Sally Salmon?" Tommy asked, looking around. Niki looked away, rubbing her arm anxiously.

 "I did." She muttered, her voice seething with regret and anger. Quackity looked at her. "So do you think Sally would kidnap someone just to kill them? Or would she have an ulterior motive?" He asked, a gentle edge to his voice and Niki closed her eyes as she thought. "Honestly? I don't think so... We met when we were kids, but back then she still had her sanity and sense of morality intact." She muttered, clenching her fists.

    Captain nodded, thinking deeply. "Alright... So either she did it in a state of panic, or she planned it out, or..." Captain said, tapping her feet as her head shot up. "Wait." She said, then glanced at the clock. Tommy looked at her in confusion. "What is it?" He asked, and Captain paused.

    "When I was the Captain of the Sea... tales and myths were often told on the ship. I think one of the myths might be related to Fundy's death." She said, her eyes widening slightly. Jack's eyes widened slightly and he looked at Captain. "Wait, really?" He asked and Captain nodded. "I have scrolls and similar stuff in my office. I'm going to go look for anything that can help us." She said firmly, starting to walk toward the door. "Wait, I'll come help!" Jack said, following her. Purpled looked at the floor. "We didn't even mourn that poor kid's death for longer than two minutes." He mumbled, and Captain turned around to look at him.

    "Purpled, I don't know what you're thinking, but it's pretty simple. The heroes have gone into mourning, and they're not going to be of too much help. The police take orders from the heroes, so they're off the list too. That leaves us vigilantes to figure out what happened. And I don't know about you, but I am not going to let Fundy's death be for nothing. We're going to avenge him. That poor kid didn't deserve any of this." Captain said coldly and firmly, drilling holes into Purpled with her eyes. Electricity crackled through the room despite the lack of clouds. Purpled looked at the ground and nodded, his face burning from embarrassment. "My apologies." He said, and Captain nodded curtly.

"It's fine. Now if you don't mind, I've got a myth to search for."