Chapter 25

Tommy's blush increased even more as Ranboo choked. Purpled looked at Niki as a blush slowly crept up on his face while Tubbo just stared. "I'm 20, Niki," Tubbo said blankly and Niki raised an eyebrow.

    "Oh, are you now?" She asked, then shook her head. "Nevermind, that's not what I'm here for." She mumbled and looked at Tommy, her eyes slowly widening as she took in the sight. Tommy waited anxiously for Niki to speak, but she just nodded. "So, not a human after all, hm?" She mused as she walked forward and sat down, placing a takeout bag in front of the nest. She opened the bag and pulled out a small packaged cake, a box of muffins, and four milkshakes.

    She looked at Tommy and raised an eyebrow. "Think you can eat by yourself or do you need to be hand-fed?" She teased and Tommy groaned. "I can move my arms," Tommy spoke in a hoarse voice, wincing as pain struck through his neck. Niki immediately handed him a milkshake. "Drink, it'll help with the sore throat. Hopefully." Niki said. Tommy just nodded gratefully.

    Niki noticed Purpled looking at her and pulled out a bottle of honey. "Don't worry, I didn't forget." She said as Purpled smiled and nodded. Tommy tried taking a sip of the milkshake but winced as he tried raising his arm. He tried again but failed, causing pain to rack through his whole body. He let out a pained hiss through his clenched teeth, causing Ranboo to look over in concern.

    "You alright?" He asked quietly and Tommy shook his head slightly, looking at the milkshake in his hand with a sense of longing. Ranboo nodded, quickly understanding. He gently grabbed the milkshake from Tommy's hand and held it up to Tommy's lips, making sure the straw was within reach. Tommy smiled gratefully and took a much-needed sip of the creamy milkshake. Tubbo glanced at them and stifled a laugh.

    "You really are like a baby bird, aren't you Tommy?" Tubbo said and Tommy's face flushed slightly from embarrassment. Purpled raised an eyebrow. "Are you calling Tommy baby?" He asked and Tubbo shrugged. "Interpret that however you want." He said as Ranboo looked at Tubbo in concern.

    "Then would that make me Tommy's mother? Since mothers typically feed baby birds." He asked, then frowned. "Wait no, that would be weird. I can't be Tommy's mother and partner at the same time, that's just..." Ranboo mumbled quietly and Purpled glanced at Ranboo. "Yeah... But mother birds also feed their babies by spitting food into their mouths." He said and everyone fell silent. "Purpled-" Niki started, sighing deeply as she closed her eyes.

    "I'd spit in Tommy's mouth," Tubbo said blankly, causing Tommy to choke, Ranboo to freeze and then panic as he tried helping Tommy, Purpled's jaw to drop, and Niki's eyes to shoot open. "Tubbo!" Niki exclaimed in shock, her eyes wide. Tubbo paused. "Oh." He said silently as he processed what he said. Ranboo sighed, closing his eyes. Niki groaned, looking at them.

    "Do you four need anything else? I don't want to... intrude." She said as if she was searching for the right word. Purpled's face flushed slightly. "We're not doing anything!" He protested, and Niki stared at him. He stared back, then realised. "Oh. Okay, I now what it looks like-" He started and Niki laughed.

    "Yeah, yeah. I do have work to do though, so I can't stay for long anyways." She said, getting up. Ranboo nodded, smiling under his mask. "We'll be fine. Thanks though, Niki!" He chirped and she nodded with a smile. "Alright then, I'll take my leave." She said, bowing dramatically. Tommy sipped the milkshake happily as Tubbo and Purpled waved goodbye.

"Bye!"