Chapter 11

Quackity shapeshifted himself to have large muscles, then gently picked up Tommy and put him in the nest. He shapeshifted back to normal and Tommy calmed down slightly, moving around as tears streamed down his face. Quackity sighed in relief, then looked at the three worried boys expectantly.

    "Go on, get in the nest. Just avoid touching his back." Quackity said, and Tubbo immediately got into the nest, pulling Tommy's head into his lap as he leaned back against the wall. Purpled looked at Ranboo getting in the nest, then at Quackity. "Anything else I should know?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

    Quackity thought for a while and then nodded. "In about an hour, he'll start bleeding excessively. Don't touch his back when that happens. You might want to put some cream on it or try to wipe the blood away but don't. You have to let the wings come out naturally. But please do try to comfort him without touching his wings..." He said, looking at Tommy, who was still screaming, but not as loud as it was before.

    "Oh, and when his wings finish coming out, call me so I can preen them. Also, talking to him might help." He said and Purpled nodded, giving him a thumbs up. "Alright. Got it." He muttered, his eyebrows knitted together as he processed the information. Quackity nodded, then left after saying goodbye and squeezing Tommy's hand in reassurance. Purpled climbed into the surprisingly large mound of clothes and snuggled next to Tubbo.

    After a while, Tommy slowly stopped screaming, his throat hurting too much to make a single sound. He cried in silence, but at least he had his friends to comfort him. They took turns talking to him about random stuff, sometimes all talking at the same time. Tommy smiled weakly, but he couldn't do much. The pain lessened a bit, and right when Tommy thought the worst part was over, his skin broke.

    He started screaming again, making everyone look at him in alarm and worry. Ranboo's eyes widened as he saw the blood steadily trickling down Tommy's back. "Oh shit." Tubbo muttered, his eyes wide as Purpled bit his lip nervously and rubbed Tommy's arm comfortingly. The pain of it ripping his skin mixed with the fresh pain of the fireworks made him somehow find his voice again, only to scream louder than he had before.

    His whole body was burning, it felt like he had been lit on fire. Purpled quickly ran to the kitchen, opened the freezer to grab an ice pack, and then rushed back to the makeshift nest. He wrapped the ice pack in a shirt taken from the nest, then placed it on Tommy's forehead. Tommy's screaming got a bit quieter, but then went back up again as quickly as it went down.

    Everyone moved closer to Tommy in an attempt to comfort him, and it seemed to have worked, because he grit his teeth, curled up into a ball, and let out muffled screams, but they were quieter now. Tubbo sighed slightly in relief and curled up near Tommy's head, running his fingers through Tommy's hair. Ranboo curled up next to Tommy, wrapping his arms around his waist but making sure not to touch his back. Purpled lied down next to Tommy, looking at his closed eyes in worry.

"Well, this isn't how I imagined our cuddle pile would go."