Chapter 2

Tears filled Phantom's eyes and he nodded, trying to suppress his tears. "T-Thank you. All o-of you." He barely managed to get out, choking on the large lump in his throat. The heroes nodded, offering words of comfort to the family, then left to give the family some privacy.

    Phantom stumbled forward as the tears fell, the tears creating permanent burn marks on his skin. He climbed onto the bed and gently pulled Fundy into his lap, and then he broke down again. He screamed, not caring if anyone heard him as he sobbed loudly, clutching Fundy tightly.

    Death slowly walked over and placed a comforting hand on Phantom's shoulder, trying to comfort him as she cried silently, her vision blurring from her tears. Ph1LzA knelt next to the bed, crying with the rest of the family. Blade usually hid his emotions, but right now? He was crying silently with his mask moved to the side. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he shut his eyes, biting his lip as he tried to stay quiet and not let a sob escape his mouth. The family of what used to be five was now four, and they all grieved the loss of their beloved child together.

    Phantom's body trembled with his sobs as he gently pushed a strand of Fundy's hair behind his ear, caressing his face. His vision was blurred with tears as he shut his eyes, unable to look at his son's face anymore. He cried and cried until he passed out, everyone else only realising when Phantom's sobs quieted down slightly.

    The family stayed like that for a while longer, then Ph1LzA wiped his tears shakily. "W-We should g-go home... Phantom p-probably won't l-let go of h-him yet." He stuttered, his voice trembling from his sobs. Death looked up at him silently and nodded. "A-Alright." She mumbled, shakily trying to stand up.

    Blade gently picked up Phantom and made sure he held him tightly. He gently wiped Phantom's tears away as he glanced at Fundy's face. He gently ran his finger over his lips and winced at how much damage she had caused. Death mumbled something and a glowing portal appeared at the foot of the bed. Ph1LzA smiled gratefully at her. Or well, tried to smile. It came out as a trembling grimace as he nodded at her.

    Blade sighed shakily and stumbled into the portal, Death and Ph1LzA following soon after. They warped through the portal and appeared at their house. Blade looked around blearily and realised they were on the floor where the bedrooms were. Blade nodded at Death and Ph1LzA and shakily walked to Phantom's room, where he opened the door and stumbled over to his bed, gently laying him and Fundy on top of the sheets.

    Blade grabbed the blanket and carefully spread it over Phantom and Fundy. He gently touched Fundy and Phantom groaned and pulled Fundy closer to his chest, tears beading in his eyes again. Blade watched as a small hiss was heard and a small line of steam rose from the tear. His heart broke as he watched the father and soon, he gulped as he turned away, unable to look anymore.

    He sighed as he stumbled into his own bedroom, barely remembering to nudge the door closed. He took off his mask and set it to the side, and then he crashed onto his bed. He didn't even bother to change out of his clothes, he just unconsciously wrapped his blanket around him.

And now, when he was sure no one was around, was when he finally cried freely.