Abduction

Mary holds me tightly and lets me cry into her shoulder.

"If this is something that'll make you happy I don't think you're wrong for continuing it. If things go bad, I think you're smart enough to jump ship." Little does she know that's obviously not the case.

"Thanks for the talk Mary. It helps."

Drying my eyes I lay back in bed with her and finished watching the movie she had on. Wednesday to Sunday flew by, between the new tech help everyone needed for their Christmas presents and the bar being slammed even during the week I had no time to think about anything but my tasks. Of course the guys were there and no sign of Gurei. It feels like they all know something is wrong, but they never ask. When I get home Sunday night I check my email. There is an invite for a New Years party happening next week for the phone support company I'm with, but it's in the next city over.

I need a fun time with strangers, to let loose and hang out. The drive isn't bad either, it's only an hour. I check the rsvp as attending and book a hotel close by, it'll be nice to be somewhere different. This week slowed down a little but now with New Years approaching it picks back up. Thursday night everyone was in the back room.. even Gurei. Explaining to Paul that I can't deal with them tonight he doesn't ask a question and lets me run the floor. The only time I had to go in there was to clean up the empty glasses.

"Are you taking care of us now?" I shake my head no.

"Stephanie is just on break." I half smile and see Saul watching Gurei and I back and forth.

"Evie!" He catches me before I go out the door.

"You wanna come to our New Year's party?"

"Oh—is it on New Year's Eve?" I ask, he nods smiling.

"Sorry I already have plans with my company party." I shrug giving him an apologetic look.

"I'm off, have a good night gentlemen." I can feel Gurei's eyes on me, but I never looked his way, my heart hurt enough having to be in there.

Paul gives me a cigarette before I leave and I walk down the street towards my car lighting it up. I sit at the front of my car blowing the smoke out my nose. It's a strange feeling, having been with someone, having so much chemistry then in a matter of days becoming distant while still seeing them on a daily basis. I take another longer drag.

"That's a bad habit." The front of the car dips down more as his weight sits on it.

Blowing the smoke out I throw the cigarette down half way done and step on it.

"Hmm indeed it is. I've only done it a few times but that doesn't make it any easier to let go of." I laugh quietly then stand buttoning my coat up.

When I start to open the car door his hand stops mine and he has me against the car, his head resting against the back of mine. We don't speak, and he wraps his arms around me, his hands spreading open over my stomach and he kisses my neck. Defeated, I rest my forehead on the frozen window, I can't take this. Finally opening the door, I use it to push myself away from him, breaking our contact. Once I'm inside the car I shut the door, my body shaking from anticipation and nerves.

Still I manage to start my car and drive home, the entire drive my head flooded with decisions, pros and cons, questioning my willpower. There is a car in my parking spot when I pull into the driveway so I find a spot on the street. The house is still dark and when I flip on the lights I see Mary in the center of the room tied to a chair, duct tape over her mouth and she's crying shaking her head.

"Mary!" I yell rushing towards her but I'm pulled back against someone. And once again there is a knife to my throat. "Shh!" His hand is tightly covering my mouth.

"Let's not make a big scene okay? All you gotta do is come with me and your friend over there will be just fine." That familiar voice hits me.

It's the same guy from before, the same one that was at the party. Shit, this is bad! Without fighting I nodded.

"Please don't hurt her. I'll go with you." I say muffled against his hand.

When he grabbed me my hand was still in my jacket pocket. My fingertips graze over my screen and I try to remember how to call the last number. He removes his hand from my mouth and sticks the knife into my side.

"Let's go."

"Who's going to untie Mary? Please if n-no one knows about her." He digs the knife through my jacket more and I straighten up.

"Shut the fuck up and let's go." He grabs me by the back of the neck and leads me out through the door and down the driveway to his car.

He ties my arms and legs tightly with zip ties and puts a black bag over my head before he throws me into the back seat. I can hear him on the phone with someone, he tells them our E.T.A. and then hangs up. When I look down at my hands I catch a glimpse of my phone still with a running call.

"Where are you taking me? What the fuck do I have to do with anything." I cry. Struggling I see my phone slip from my pocket and I use my feet to slide it under his seat.

"We aren't strangers so I'm sure you know why. Plus what my boss wants my boss gets, especially when it comes to getting back at that prick." He laughs maniacally.

We drive for almost an hour before the car finally stops and the back door opens. Someone picks me up and throws me over their shoulder.

"Put me down!!" I flail but it quickly ceases when I'm hit upside the head with something.

Now dazed and dizzy my ears ring, and I cry out feeling blood run down my face. What am I going to do? Are they going to kill me? They obviously don't care about my safety. I'm thrown onto the ground and I hear muffled talking. Carpet? There are lights too. I'm inside somewhere, it's warm, smells clean too. Is it someone's house?

"Boys! Boys! This isn't how you treat a lady!" The bag is ripped off my head, some of my hair coming with it.

The bright lights blind me, then it's blocked and the man gets close to me.

"You're even more alluring in the light." He grins.

His thumb runs over my lips and I jerk my head away. It's the same man who threatened to take me as payment. His evil smile makes me sick to my stomach. I'm so scared! Gurei please help.

"Looks like we have payment after all, this will do just fine."