37

Gurei and I woke up in bed, the sun already brighter than normal, we slept in for sure. Gurei grunts sitting up in bed stretching.
"Mmm I haven't slept that good in ages." He smiled down at me and kissed my head.
"I'll go make some coffee." He gets up.
"Thanks." While Gurei leaves I slip into the shower and revel in the feeling from last night. He knew what excited me after our talk and played into it in bed. The shower curtain slides open and he steps in behind me.
"Coffees brewing." He chuckles at my surprised face.

We finish our shower together and talk over coffee in the kitchen about our plans for the day. He has a few places to go, where I couldn't tell you. I told him I had class then work. His face shifts at the thought of me going to class.
"I'll come pick you up." He insists. As I'm about to say something he eyes me.
"O-okay. Sounds good." I smile at him and he gives me a sly smile back. That must've been his "don't argue with me" look. Kissing me goodbye he is off and about his day.

My mind wonders how class will be considering what happened last night. There's no other way to know unless I show. The day drags when I have nothing to do at home, and that leads me to get stuck in thought about Mary. I pull my phone out and text, explaining how sorry I am, and how torn I was with everything that had gone on months ago. I let her know my situation and that I was with Gurei now. It's understandable if she wants to look out for herself and not hang out with me. Shit, I would do the same for my safety. Just as I had expected she forgave me, but refuses to get any closer than phone calls and texts now that I am involved with Gurei. I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt a bit, but she's being smart.

Once I finished catching up with Mary it was time for class. Taking my time walking to the gym I enter and see everyone there mingling amongst one another. Roan walks in just a few minutes later and I stand at the back of the class. He speaks about a few new techniques we will be learning and some grappling moves. His eyes focus on me and it makes me feel weird, reminding me of everything. My eyes quickly look down at the ground and I try to calm my nervous heartbeat.

"Everyone pair up and I'll come by to help." He instructs. All the familiar classmates break off and the newer girl and I pair up. She looks really nervous, her eyes keep looking at all the others practicing and then to me, then to Roan.
"Have you been practicing?" I ask, trying to break the ice.
"Uhm well not really, I did a little last week. Would you just go easy on me? The others say you unleash on them when you're having a bad day."
"It was—o-one time. W-whatever, we will take it slow." I smile. Roan finally comes up to us. "Molly what's wrong?" He asks, placing his hand on her shoulder.
"I-I just get nervous. I want to do this right." I watch her cheeks turn pink when she looks up to him.
"Why don't you work with her, Roan. I'm sure you'll be a better teacher than I."

Roan eyes me, then helps Molly get into a grappling stance.
"Molly, I want you to reach out, grab Evalyn's wrist while stepping in and twisting." Molly smiles at him now suddenly confident about her skills and grabs then twists in a fluid motion. Instantly I follow the grapple and am down on my knees wincing.
"Good job Molly! See you know what to do." Roan looks down at me on my knees and I look away.
"Alright Evalyn get up and try the same thing." Mollys on her knees in seconds grunting and wincing in pain so I let go. Roan clears his throat as if to tell me to let up, then helps Molly up.
"I've got one more." He says, stepping behind me. His hands adjusts my hips causing me to fix my stance, then his hand slides down my arm.
"Get off me." I whisper, jabbing my elbow into his ribs. He steps back from me after I feel him lose a little breath with my hit.
"Like I said, Molly, you have Roan teach you. I think I'm done." Annoyed, I walk to the bleachers and sit drinking some water and check my phone.

"Evalyn!" He tries to get my attention but I am busy reading my text from Gurei.
"I finished things early, I'm parked outside and am working out."
My mind goes to him watching me train, or even seeing Roan, now that he knows what has happened. Maybe I should go. It's not worth me staying right now. I watch Molly and Roan train then gather my things. Next week can be different.