CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE
Chloe had always wanted to be and artist. It was all she could see herself doing even at an early age. Her mother , Tara,was not sure what triggered this passion. It could have been her late husband's critical talk on drawing a circle or something. But, honestly she didn't mind because Chloe was able to turn that passion into hard earned money. But most of all , it made her happy.
"Hey momma.." her sweet melodic voice spoke up at the feeling of her mother's presence in the room. Chloe couldn't turn because she was painting and focus was an integral part of what she did for a living.
"Hey choe..." Taraji greeted , walking behind her and

lovingly embracing the girl that had decided to come over without a warning

lovingly embracing the girl that had decided to come over without a warning. She wasn't surprised.Chloe always preferred to paint there in her late father's study even after being able to afford a place of her own with her sister.
"Kkk momma...Halle grew out of calling me..choe " Chloe giggled and stared back at Tara.
"Yeah well, I didn't... whatcha painting" was her response that caused her eldest daughter to shake her head while hinting a laugh.
"The museum could use something new...it's been, what..like a year since my previous painting" Chloe explained, touching down another color of green light on her work with a brush.
"Well what's your motivation for this one" Tara asked. Chloe stopped to first think about it. The last painting had a motive. Her father. He was all she thought about through her process of making it into the world as an artist,so when she finally did, she painted a smooth run painting of him.
"The last and second one made millions,... Princess" she added, amusingly looking at her as she sat down on the white dirty couch besides her.
"Yeah....I don't know yet with this one , momma...it's still a blur" Chloe responded. She hadn't thought about having a story behind the painting

 She hadn't thought about having a story behind the painting

like she always did with all her work.
"But I think that's why my head hurts ..." She said, putting the paint brush down and walking upto her other who was still sitted on the couch.
"Owww..my big baby bailey is tired..come here" Tara cooed , reaching out for her so she could sit besides her.

"I'll make you some noodles and cheese..." She added, embracing her
and Chloe giggled. It had never really
mattered how old ,Chloe and Halle were. Tara always treated them like they had just been born the day before. Babies.

"Thanks momma.. I'd love that" Chloe said, before receiving a kiss on her cheek.
"I heard zee came over... how's her modeling career developing so far" Tara asked , changing the topic.
"It's going great from what I've heard and seen on most of my social media platforms " Chloe replied, making herself comfortable.
"You know she doesn't like to Hale herself but... she's definitely doing so much better after getting that degree in mastering fashion" she added, smiling at the thought of how hard Zendaya

 she's definitely doing so much better after getting that degree in mastering fashion" she added, smiling at the thought of how hard Zendaya

had worked for everything she's becoming ,now.
"Awwww... I'm so proud of both of you..and Halle too" Tara said, giving her daughter a squeeze as she hugged her.
"I mean..you and  Zee were like 13 and 15 when you became friends..and here you are.. still looking live " she included.
"Kk I know... remember how she confronted a girl that was bullying me and then we became best friends afterwards." Chloe reminded.
"Yeah..kkk... and then you both got beat up" Tara hinted, making Chloe throw her head back and laugh.
"I love how you two protect each other and protect Halle...it's magical,baby" she concluded with a proud smile.
"Kkk thanks momma" Chloe hinted.
"Is she still with that British kid you met in college... what's his name.." Tara trailed.
"Ahh Thomas,yes" she answered her own question.
"Agh.. don't remind me..." Chloe responded, rolling her eyes and her mother already knew what she meant.
"Aww choe... atleast give him a chance, I like the kid" Tara cooed.
"He's good for her ..." She suggested.
"Kk mom come on...it's zee... everyone is good for her because she's perfect" Chloe defended.
"Still... Zendaya loves that boy..I think you should learn to ..too" Tara said, getting before placing a kiss on her forehead. If only she knew the true story behind that painting.

The reason she wouldn't even give Tom a second glance of approval for her best friend

"I know ,mom" Chloe responded, watching her leave the room. Tom did love zee a great deal, that was not a doubt. But the memories she shared with him weren't something she was proud of and that disturbed her a lot.
"

Love you" she called.
"Love you" Tara called back.