CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
The second day after the test was almost as stress free as the first. Halle did her thorough best to ensure that Chloe didn't feel alone even though she could tell,half of her efforts went to waste.
"I made some soup for you ,sis" Halle said, placing the bowl on the table.
"Thanks, Hal..but I'm not hungry" Chloe responded, faintly and focused her attention back on the TV. 
"But choe..." Halle begun when the door bell rang.
"Are you expecting someone " she asked and Chloe shrugged, hugging her purple blanket even tighter. Halle rolled her eyes and stood up, walking towards the living room exit.
"Ahhhhh Halle you big stupid baby bitch" Zendaya's voice joyfully echoed in the kitchen before Halle could get there.
"Zee...oh my God" Halle stuttered at the suprise hug that Zendaya gave her the minute she popped into the room.
"Hey choe...no no no...first of all...I'm mad at both of you for keeping this from me" Zendaya said, breaking the hug and sitting right next to her best friend. Chloe's felt an intense breech in the way her skin crawled at her nervousness.
It sounded like she knew but it didn't make sense why she seemed so happy.
"Ah..zee,..what have we been keeping from you exactly" Halle asked , being settle.
"And did you just drive all the way from Los Angeles to Atlanta Georgia just for it ?" Chloe questioned.
"Are you bitches out of your minds... haven't you seen the News " was Zendaya's reply before taking out her phone and playing the video on it.
"Huuuhhhh...oh my God" Chloe breathed , covering her mouth at the bold red letters written 'is Halle Bailey pregnant ' all over the screen.
"Chloe look... it's the day I went out to get the pregnancy tests" Halle said, pointing at a clear video of herself in the chemistry store she bought from two days ago.
"How did they even...." Chloe paused, thinking of the first thing that came to mind.
"Does Tom know" she asked, stopping the video from playing on.
"Well, no...you know tom doesn't concern himself with celebrity gossip and shit" Zendaya responded, unknowingly cooling Chloe's temperature.
" buuuuuuuuuut.. I begged him to take a day off and come with me for the suprise" " she ended.
"You what" the bailey sisters exclaimed together.
"I know.. isn't it great..." Zendaya copied the same time but with excitement.
"I figured since non y'all bitches told your mom if you haven't told me...so I brought tom over so it wouldn't just be the three of us" she explained,

so I brought tom over so it wouldn't just be the three of us" she explained,

taking off her Gabbana light blue shoes. She had a point. Neither Chloe nor Halle had said anything to anyone about the pregnancy.
"So , when is Tom gonna be here"  Halle asked ,just out of curiosity.
"Oh his right out..there he is" zee said pointing at the male figure that had just calmly walked into the room, his hands in his pockets.
"Tom" Chloe sighed, feeling an intrinsic urge to sky rocket out the room and through the roof.
"Elizabeth" Tom rephrased, greeting her as he made his way to were Halle was sitted.
"So ,tell me..why am I here and not in my office, Zendaya" he asked his girlfriend.
"Guys.. should I tell him or should you " Zendaya asked for permission before the sisters looked at each other in worry at what would happen and then back at her with a doubting smile.
"Halle is pregnant" she said, guesturing at the girl sitted next to the European man.
"Oh my God.. congratulations dear ..and my regards to the father" Tom said , modestly.
"Ohhh...he has regarded " Halle slurred, lowly.
"Which brings us to ...is it Darryl" Zendaya asked , expectedly. Halle being pregnant with Darryl's baby made sense since the two have been in a relationship since early 2022. He was the only one possibly in the picture.
"Ummm ..." Halle tried to respond,not wanting this misunderstood theory to get places it shouldn't .
"We still don't know" Chloe responded, subtle.
"Well,do you have anyone else in mind..." Tom asked.
"Kkk you... have no idea" Halle hesitantly chuckled.
"Huhhh...is it Tim...it has to be Tim. " Zendaya quickly guest.
"Although that would only make sense if it was Chloe " she traield.
"I know, right... that's what I said " Halle reciprocated the excitement.
"Hang on... Tim, your manager" tom chimed in.
"Yeah... Tim and Chloe think we don't know...but they probably fuck behind our backs" Zendaya explained, spewing a sequence of laughter

but they probably fuck behind our backs" Zendaya explained, spewing a sequence of laughter

between her and Halle.
"And you're sure" he asked, pretending to be curious. But Chloe knew he was far from being curious about it.
"No their not.."  Chloe interjected.
"The fûck would you know" Tom restarted.
"I think I'd know who the fûck has their dick inside me...Tom" she stretched, striking a nerve of her own.
"Kk she's right...the last college party, Chloe was drunk as fuck...but she kept quietly mumbling about her virginity being broken" Zendaya said and laughed with Halle.
"Zee.." Chloe stressed.
"Which is wired because... you're one of those people that forget everything the next morning " Halle high lighted.
"Yes.. little one... I say,that is quiet odd" tom chimed in.
"Can everybody just..shut up... please " Chloe bursted out, surprising even herself at that.
"Oh Kay...umm" zee started to speak.
"No...umm,I'm sorry guys... I'm just a little overwhelmed " Chloe admitted.
"I know,sis...it's ok " Halle said, slightly smiling at her.
"Yeah.. we're all in this for Halle...let me go get you some water " Zendaya said, getting up and heading into the kitchen.
"Why are you overwhelmed when Halle's the one pregnant " Tom asked, keeping his voice down the minute zee left the room.
"Because...ummm" Halle stuttered.
"I can't do this... Chloe,just tell him already.. I'll keep Zendaya busy" she breathed and got up ,then left the room, going into the the kitchen.
"Kk wow...mood swings ,am I right" Chloe nervously chuckled but Tom wasn't moved.
"What do you have to tell me" he asked, making her stomach turn.
"What do you have to know " she replaced.
"Elizabeth " he called, getting impatient.
"Fine..." Chloe gave in, turning her eyes back into his.
"Tom.. I...,well I'm sort of, kinda.. pregnant and it's yours" she stuttered, finding it hard to fight her tears.
"Wait..are you sure...it could've been an error" he argued.
"I took five ..Tom " she stressed.
"Five what ." He stepped in.
"Fucking... pregnancy... tests" she capitalized, stressing the three words.
"Shit" he expressed,as Chloe made herself comfortable on the carpet.
"Tom.." Chloe called, wiping a tear that had managed to roll down her cheek.
"How the fûck did this even happen,  I used a condom" he said, trying to remember then looked at the girl atleast a meter away from him,

pretending to read a book. She looked so scared.
"I'm..I ...I'm sorry" she cried.
"Oh so that's how you make vegan food in euphoria" they heard Halle exclaimed before coming into the living room , alerting them.
Tom quickly faced the other way as Chloe wiped down her teary cheeks, adjusting herself.
"Here you go.. choe..." Zendaya said , handing her a glass of water when the two girls got into the living room, sitting in their previous seats.