THIRTY NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
When Chloe , Ella and Tom arrived in Atlanta Georgia after the long flight from London to LA  ,their first priority was to drive straight into the new home they had bearly begun to live in before they left.
"Oh my God...you had it furnished" Chloe squelled at the first sight of the living room they had just walked into.
"I made a few calls while we were gone" Tom said, carefully making his way in with Ella in his arms.
"made a few calls... That is the blackest thing I have ever heard a white man say kkk" Chloe laughed.
"And that is the raciest thing I've ever heard a black woman say" Tom rephrased.
"Oh come on, Thomas...black people can't be raciest. Much more a woman that is black" Chloe started.

"Ok,so you can't be raciest when you openly state that I'm a white man but I  can for doing the exact same thing to you "  Tom asked, Hoping she could sense how ridiculous she sounded

"Durrrr...it's not my fault the world is this fucked up " Chloe expressed, carelessly.
"It's the fucking rule"  she pointed out, swaying her head to the side.
"You're a fucking rule" he said then Chloe hit his arm.
"You gotta watch what you say....she can still hear you " she said.
"She can hear you way more than she can hear me regardless..but you don't watch what you say" Tom began to argue.  For some reason,Chloe knew this conversation won't blow away in mid air if they kept at it. She understood their philosophy of how best they survived each day. Which was by trashing the other and neither one would rest until such was so. Sooo...she let it slide.
"What" he arched as Chloe smiled at the sight of him being so nurturing while rocking the baby to sleep.
"You actually look not ...like an idiot when you hold her..." She managed to let out,her efforts to compliment her not coming through. It was still a strange feeling. To be nice to him.
"Kkk right...I definitely believe that" Tom hinted at her comment.
"Oh don't be modest...it's no wonder that flight attendant kept coming over to serve us beverages just to flirt with you" Chloe remembered.
"Fatherhood suits you" she said, tapping his chest.
"Firstly ...Tell that to my dad " tom stated.
"Gladly.. my King" Chloe replied, imitating his British accent then giving him a curtsey.
"What ... don't tell me you don't hear how you sound" she expressed when he gave her a questioning look.
"I do...I just know I don't sound like I'm from a medieval storyline in Europe." Tom informed her.
"Dude..your entire family lives in Europe " Chloe pointed out.
"And your point is" he arched.
"She was flirting with you"  she replied.
"That woman had no reason to " Tom contradicted.
"But you do ..." He added, moving closer to her.
"Aggghhh...you ..and you ..are the reasons I might be needing therapy" she groaned after pointing at Tom then giving Ella a kiss on her tiny little nose.

are the reasons I might be needing therapy" she groaned after pointing at Tom then giving Ella a kiss on her tiny little nose

"Then what's the reason I already need you" Tom spoke in a small pine voice, making it look like Ella was the one talking. It was in that moment that Chloe realized she was too close to, not Ella but him as well. Their faces where bearly an inch apart and that distance was almost sealed when Tom leaned in to kiss her but she moved.
"Tom ,we ca.." Chloe wanted to say.
"Can't.... right.." he said ,the mixture of sadness and anger in his low tone.
"I.." she stuttered.
"Why..." He asked , walking away.
"Come on..you know why ... You had a thing with Zendaya and I'm already the reason you don't anymore" she explained, following him .
"What does that have to do with any of this "Tom asked .
"I ..I don't know..I just... Tom please don't leave " Chloe begged as she felt her heart leap to where he was,near the staircase.
"No , don't worry... I'm still here" Tom replied, getting  close so he could wrap his arms around her waist but she automatically jumped at the sight of it all. The feeling was impulsive. As though she was  put under a trance to act like that.
"I just hope I will be,by the time you figure it out"  he told her and went upstairs with Ella.
"Tom, hold on..you think I don't want this...you, me ..us" Chloe asked as she followed him there.
"That's enough, Chloe" Tom said and she stopped before she could take another step into the room.
"Chloe.... you've never... called me that before" she said , feeling her tears stream down freely.
"Please don't wake the baby... good night" he told her while placing Ella in her crib. Without another word , Tom turned around and left the room.
"Hey..." Chloe cried as she failed to articulate more than what she released. It was all too much for her and she had no Idea why.