CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
The girl sighed at the last conversation she had with Tom . She shook her head,just Incase it was all a dream. But it wasn't. Chloe had definitely lost her best friend, Zendaya and the father

 Chloe had definitely lost her best friend, Zendaya and the father

of her soon to be born child all in one month.
"It's the dishes that go in the dish washer and not the uprons,honey" she heard her mother say , immediately bringing her back to life. At this point,she was literally dead.
"I,I ..I knew that..I " Chloe stuttered, staring down at the two uprons she had now realized were in the dishwasher,ready to be cleaned. Quicker than quick,she took them out hastily one by one, trying her best to fight the anxiety she was feeling.
"It's been a pretty long two months since that baby showed up... everything ok?" Tara asked and noticed Chloe stop for second before getting back to putting the dishes in the dishwasher.
"Yes mom, all ok" she lied with a faint smile then went into the pantry to see what else she could keep herself busy with.
"The dishwasher is still off" Tara sounded out, pointing at the machine.
"Oh..kkk .. there we go" Chloe lightly hinted. Headed out of the pantry , straight up to the dishwasher and turned it on.
"Chloe" her mother called, before she could head back into the pantry.
"Yes mom" Chloe responded ,not making another move.
"You forgot to add the dishwashing liquid" Tara said, walking towards her then grabbing the liquid that was right behind her.
"What's going on, choe" she cooed, watching her daughter's tears slowly flood her big

chocolate almost black brown eyes.
"I'm ok, mom" Chloe lied,not willing to look at her.
"Kk ok...I'm going to pretend you didn't lie to me for the second time today..." Tara laughed lightly, letting her take a sit in the kitchen chair and table set up.
"And you bet I'm not asking that question again,so you better start by telling me the truth" she said, seeming angry.
"But Mom..." was about to protest.
"What I say...."Tara finally flinched, showing the disciplinarian side of her which she never often did because the girls only came by occasionally.
"I.. I'm sorry momma" Chloe breathed, throwing her head on the table.
"It's just that...a lot has been going on and.." she said before crying into the table. Tara lifted her face up and placed it in her palms just to get a good look at it.
"Kk my big baby bailey" she hinted, wiping out most her tears
"Kkk...I know, I deserve everything that is happening..." Chloe lightly laughed along through her tears then shook her head.
"It just feels like I'm dying.. that's all" she simplified, letting her mother hug her.
"You know, you have always been strong... especially after your Dad passed" Tara said, keeping her in her arms.
"Strong for me,for your sister and eventually... strong for Zendaya right after you became friends " she said.
"I know.. and I'm still strong...I'm making sure everyone is ok,I promise " Chloe said.
"Oh Chloe " Tara shivered with sadness that made Chloe lift herself out of her warm arms.
"I didn't say that was entirely a good thing,my baby" she silently cried, properly arranging her front locked.
"But...I'm doing the right thing.... Zendaya and Tom are still together" Chloe said.
"I'm taking care of my circle... even though there isn't much to it anymore... which is all my fault " she concluded.
"Chloe.." Tara sighed.
"I'm fine mom... I'll be fine " Chloe assured, nodding her head.
"It's gonna take a while but..." she countered.
"Look,I know you can't see it as well as my old eyes can " Tara said, fixing her focus at her.
"But you are not fine" she told her then pulled her back into her arms without another word. Chloe relaxed her lungs and closed her tired,teary eyes.Even though non of her problems where solved, the girl felt like she could breath slightly better within her mother's love.

But even that,she knew wouldn't last long at all

"I'll call Halle to come get started with dinner" Chloe said, rubbing her eyes.
"Where is that girl,anyway ...I almost forgot she's here" Tara added.
"At the airport...to pick up Tim since he doesn't really like driving places you can actually fly to " Chloe responded.
"Kkkk oh God... he's always been a funny one" Tara laughed then wiped her daughter's teary cheeks.
"Go get some rest...I can take it from here" she smiled.
"But momma I'm fine....it's just three months " Chloe wined.
"Don't make me ask you again, little girl " Tara warned, pointing the way out of the kitchen.
"And don't you go on the stupid social media that tells you who they think you are" she expressed as Chloe made her way out.
"Yes mom..." Chloe responded tiredly but aloud.