Chapter 39

*** Mature content ***

"I can believe Lando has already planned a club night for tomorrow night. He gets back tomorrow for god's sake, doesn't the man need sleep?" Oscar said.

Oscar and I have just finished putting away the last of the food and drinks from our picnic. It's quite possibly the most food Lando's fridge has ever seen.

"I'm not too sure, hard to say if it's normal or not when we are both introverts," I reply. We've been floating a foot off the ground ever since we kissed and made things between us good again. More than good.

"I still think it was a miracle I met you in a club," Oscar said, closing the door to the fridge.

I laugh, "Are you implying I never go out?"

"No, I'm employing I never go out." He teases. Our smiles could light up the very room we stand in. A part of me still doesn't believe all of this is reality. Life doesn't feel real. "I'm already coming up with reasons to not go tomorrow," Oscar crosses the small kitchen space to stand in front of me. His hands cradle the sides of my waist. "I can think of a few reasons why staying here with you alone would be the best idea ever. It's the excuses Lando may believe I'm conflicted about."

I can't help the little noise that escapes me when he pulls our bodies together. "What are your ideas?"

"On what I want to do to you, or excuses I'm curating in my head to give to Lando so I can do those said things to you?"

I practically melt. Something about having opened up to each other, to have everything laid out between us and still admitting we love each other? Makes all this feel so hot. My body has always been on fire in the spots he's touched me. For a while, it burnt. But I find I've come to love the flame.

"You're being very forward tonight."

"Love, this isn't even close to forward." The little smirk that crosses his cheeks is a promise of something much more intimate than we have ever been.

"Thank you for these few days, Oscar, it does mean a lot to me. Everything you did."

His gaze softens and he pulls me closer into a hug. "Nothing could be too much when it comes to you Blake, absolutely nothing. I would give you the world if I could."

I smile into his chest. "You're my world, you have been since the day I met you."

His hold on me tightens and I lift my head from his shoulder where it so perfectly fits and our lips meet. My stomach flips and my heart soars. He tastes like mint and champagne and I realize I don't ever want to stop kissing him. It seems he doesn't either as our kisses turn heavier, filled with need, filled with lust. I pull away briefly his kisses forcing me breathless and our eyes meet. I know what that emotion was now, all those times before, that deep heaviness, the dark hue. It was never anger, never sorrow or joy. It was lust. Pure lust.

"Fuck B, you're going to be the death of me if you keep looking at me like that." Oscar's voice is deep and laced with a lustful promise. Based on the heat pooling in my lower belly, I could guess my eyes looked the same. I felt the small smile crease my cheeks, and a matching one appeared on Oscar's before he traced his hand up my neck and pulled my face to his. We both smiled into the kiss.

In this moment, it all makes sense. Everything we were, my broken heart, it was all worth it. Because now we are here, and I couldn't be more in love with this man.

A moan ripped from my throat when Oscar's thumb slipped around my neck to hold it, deepening the kiss. His tongue swiped across my lower lip, asking for permission. I gave it without a second thought. The space between us turned hotter. Oscar angled my head with his hand, still grasped around my throat and broke away from our kiss. I almost whined at the loss of contact before his lips met the skin of my neck. I let my head roll to the side where he guided it with his hand to give him better access. Another moan rose from my throat and I pinned my thighs together, bracing my legs to keep from staggering.