Chapter 7: Bigfoot Loves Donnie

"Hello? Anybody home? We've got company!" Donatello hollers as Raphael moves into the house.

Diaval pokes his head out of the living room doorway as Casey and April appear on the upstairs level, Casey peering over the railing. Leonardo starts to limp down the stairs, eye-ridges raised.

"What? You can't let anyone in!" he scolds. He notices the mass of brown hair clogging the door, becoming even more confused. "Why is the doorway full of hair?"

"And a giant butt?" Casey asks, his dark eyes sparking with a mischievous curiosity.

"Come on, it's okay," Donatello coaxes as Michelangelo puts his all into tugging at the "mass of hair".

Michelangelo gives a heaving final tug and Bigfoot falls back into the house, landing solidly on his butt. Destiny appears in the front doorway, holding back laughter as her tail wags.

"It's Bigfoot!" Casey shrieks, grasping April's shoulder and pointing at the giant ape frantically.

"You brought Bigfoot home?!" Leonardo exclaims, waving one hand towards him.

Bigfoot instantly looks at Donatello, blue eyes wide in confusion. "Why everyone know Bigfoot name?"

"Bigfoot, this is Leonardo, Casey, and April," Donatello introduces. He notices Diaval still peering out at them, hiding mostly, and rolls his eyes as he points. Diaval hides himself even further with a low noise of fear. "He's Diaval."

April gasps upon noticing the cuts on Bigfoot's arm. "He's hurt! I'll get the first aid kit." She dashes off to retrieve said items.

Leonardo's scolding glare switches between everyone in the house, most often fixating on the new guest. "You can't just bring home Bigfoot!" he lectures, not noticing Michelangelo imitating his sweeping gestures until the very last word. After a quick glare from Leonardo, the youngest turtle lets out an awkward chuckle.

"He needs our help. It's just until his arm gets better," Donatello defends. Leonardo doesn't loosen up, making the purple-masked turtle sigh. "Come on, we did the same for Des, didn't we?"

"Destiny is civilized!" he retorts. April passes him on the staircase, carrying the first aid kit, and the blue-masked turtle glances at her and then Bigfoot in quick succession. He sighs. "Fine."

"Thanks, Leo," Donatello says with a grin.

April takes Bigfoot's hand. "Come on, let's get that wound cleaned up," she offers sweetly as she leads him to the living room.

Casey starts down the stairs too, going at a much more nonchalant pace than April had before him. "Sure, but when I wanted to have a dog, you guys were like like, 'No way.'"

"We don't need a dog. We have Destiny for all our canine needs!" Michelangelo pipes up, nudging the wolf girl as she steps into the house and shuts the door behind her.

Her ears flatten as she turns on the orange-masked turtle, letting out a low rumbling sound from her throat. He giggles and scoots away. She walks over to Diaval, getting him to straighten up and look less timid.

"You guys don't get it. Bigfoot is the missing genetic link between humans and the ape!" Donatello says. "This discovery will change the face of science itself."