Chapter 50: Shredder's Plan

Casey grumbles to himself as he skates along a rooftop, absolutely fuming. It's like you can see the steam shooting from his ears. "Those jerks. Whatever, I can do this myself," he mumbles.

"Talking to yourself? Is that a vigilante thing?"

The teen spins around, skidding to a stop as Destiny wanders towards him, her wild eyes glinting with amusement. Casey scoffs and turns away, crossing his arms.

"Go home, Des. I don't need anyone else laughing at me," he snaps.

She stops at his side, trying to study his emotions through his eyes, the only things she can see through his mask. "What was the kicker that stopped you from beating the Dragons?" she asks.

He doesn't answer for a moment. With a sigh, he lifts his mask. "They've got a new leader who doesn't exactly suck," he explains. "Stupid Hun..."

Her tail flicks. "Okay, that's a valid reason."

"Tell that to the guys."

"Maybe I will. That doesn't change the fact that you're obviously upset."

He leers closer to her and tries to look intimidating, finding it sort of difficult since the two teens are nearly the same height and despite her being shorter than him, she has a way of sizing up to people.

"Why don't you just go home? I'm fine," he says.

"I'm returning the favour. You followed me after I was angry, now I do the same for you," she responds curtly. He huffs a little, to which she nudges his arm. "Come on, Case. What are friends for?"

He sighs heavily and moves to the edge of a building. "First up, I'm going to track down the stupid Dragons and pound their new leader in his lame head."

"Is that the best—"

She's cut off by the sound of a heavy body hitting gravel. Both turn to find Diaval getting to his feet, brushing dust from his cloak, elbows, and knees. He shakes his head in order to get his hair from his eyes.

"Di? You followed us?" Destiny asks.

"Didn't want to be alone with turtles," Diaval replies. He shuffles over to them and gives Casey a long look. "Don't feel bad. People lose fights. It happens."

Casey blinks a few times. "When did you start saying helpful stuff like that?"

"Uh, dunno," he replies with a shrug. "Just say what's...helpful."

The sound of engines roaring ceases any further conversation. Destiny scurries to Casey's side as the boy looks towards the ground far below them, where a band of motorcycles can be seen moving down the street. The drivers, however, are what makes the two teenagers' eyes widen. Shredder, Fishface, Tiger Claw, and Emery zoom down the asphalt, eyes focused ahead, and Diaval makes a low choking noise as he inhales far too quickly.

"The Foot?" Casey whispers.

"And Shredder..." Destiny seconds, pointing to the bike at the head of the group.

"Guess the Dragons will have to wait," Casey mutters.

He goes to hop off the ledge, but she grabs his arm and stops him. "Hold on," she warns. "I think this is one of those times where we need to think up a quick plan."