Chapter 58: Skate to the Death Death-a-Thon

Michelangelo makes quick work of tying up the other Purple Dragons. Diaval stacks their stolen loot in a small pile away from them with Casey's help, the boy's mask already flipped up. Mondo scampers over and starts kicking Fong's leg.

"And take that! And that!" He slaps Fong across the face. "And one of these!" He flails his fists. "And this, and—"

Casey grabs Mondo by the back of the shirt, lifting him into the air as he keeps flailing. "Whoa, whoa! Fight's over, bro!" He drops him. "Relax, we won!"

"You guys saved my life!" Mondo says. He scratches beneath his hat. "On the streets, it's everyone for themselves out there."

Michelangelo places his hand on Mondo's shoulder. "Friends don't let friends get kicked off of buildings, dude."

"Alright, let me leave my calling card and we can get outta here," Casey says.

He uncaps a black marker and scribbles 4 COPS FROM CASEY :) across Fong's face. Diaval taps Casey and points at the marker and Casey hands it over. Diaval draws a moustache across Fong's lip, making Casey grin.

"Whoa! 30,000 smackeroos!" Mondo gushes, snatching some cash stacks from the stolen loot pile. He tips his hat. "This'll really help a gecko out."

"Dude! Are you stealing?" Michelangelo asks. His smile has disappeared and he eyes Mondo's hovering hand with unease.

"Only from the bad guy's personal stash," Mondo says with a shrug.

"Put it back, Mondo!" Casey orders.

Mondo glares at the taller boy. "Make me, Casey!"

"Love to!"

They growl and loom closer to one another. Diaval and Michelangelo hurry over and split them up, Michelangelo on Mondo and Diaval on Casey.

"Cool it, guys!" Michelangelo says. "Can't we all just skate along?"

"I don't hang with criminals," Casey snaps. "I'm out like your mom in a beauty pageant. Peace!" He glares at Diaval. "Are you with me, Wiz-Kid?"

Diaval glances at Mondo and Michelangelo, then back at Casey. "Mhm," he says, nodding. The two boys head off, side by side.

Mondo shakes his fist at their retreating backs. "Skateboarding is not a crime!" he shouts. Once they're gone, he relaxes. "C'mon, Mikey. Let's hang out at my place," he says, snatching up his board and walking away.

Michelangelo's shoulders slump. "Aw, man."

----------

Casey drops onto street level, ranting away as Diaval listens diligently. "Stupid talking lizard!" he mutters. He flips his mask down. "Mikey's fallen for your shtick, but not Casey Jones!"

"Kinda worried. Couldn't read Mondo's desire," Diaval mumbles, adjusting his cloak around his shoulders. "Casey?"

"I'm telling you, he's off. I can feel it, dude," Casey snaps. There's a crash from nearby and both boys turn around, weapons ready. "Huh? Who's there?"

Nothing. A shadow creeps along the wall beside them and by the time they hear rapidly approaching footsteps, it's too late. Their worlds go dark.