Chapter 48: Sci-Fi Fantasies Come Alive

There's banging from beneath a hatch within the technodrome. Kraang droids lurk near it and their heads tilt towards the noises as they get louder. They raise their guns and stalk towards it and with a bang, the hatch flips open and Michelangelo comes zooming out, smacking down any enemies with swift swipes of his nunchucks. The other turtles and Destiny clamber from the exit, staggering themselves around them as the last echoes of the powered down droids resonate in the hallways.

They continue wordlessly, racing towards the main control room and cutting down any Kraang that get in the way so quickly that none of them have the chance to retaliate. Once through the door, Raphael spins his sais and jams one into the control panel, locking the door against any advancing alien.

"We made it," he breathes. "Wow, that was easy."

"Um, Raph?" Michelangelo calls.

Raphael turns around, taking in the sight of the room. Numerous giant fan blades slice through the air at different heights along the room's levels and Kraang droids pilot the technodrome while Kraang Floaters zip around in their mini hovering ships. The fans disturb the air in the room, sending Destiny's curls whipping around her face while the turtles hardly notice their waving mask tails.

"Aw, Kraang," Raphael mumbles.

"That one goes first because of the stupid hat!" Destiny calls, pointing to the one Kraang with a giant captain's hat on its head.

"Bad time to play 'what not to wear', Des," Donatello says, his fingers tightening around his bō staff.

Destiny tosses her uchigatana to her dominant hand with a smirk. "I stand by my word, Donnie."

"It is a pretty stupid hat," Leonardo agrees. His eyes go white as he forms a protective "x" with his katanas. "Mutants, attack!"

They lunge forward, slicing into the aliens immediately in front of them. Michelangelo goes leaping over the Kraang Floaters, laughing the entire time.

"Leo, I'm leader in Dimension X!" he shouts as he kicks the Kraang from their ships. The brains squeal as they plummet towards the ground.

The orange-masked turtle sends his kusarigama chain flying, wrapping around the mutagen tube in the centre of the room. He swings around, snagging a Kraang's gun, kicking some in the head, and then takes out the Captain Kraang as Leonardo and Destiny slice the nearest pilots into pieces.

"Then figure out a way to take out all these Kraang droids!" Leonardo orders.

Michelangelo nods and reengages in the action. Spider-droids appear from holes in the walls, crawling along with their metallic legs clicking. Donatello and Raphael stand on the spinning blades and smack and stab any Kraang that flies by, sending a few into the blades so that their floaters are cut in half.

Michelangelo soars by with two floaters on each foot, a Kraang gun in each hand. "Oh, yeah! Check me out!" he whoops, guns blazing.

He zips around, shooting down remaining ships easily while shutting the open hatches and preventing any more Kraang from showing up. He single-handedly clears the rest of the room, floating to the ground as he places his hands on his hips and flashes a proud smirk.

"Mikey, that was amazing!" Raphael praises.

"Dimension X plus years of video games equals Mikey awesomeness!" Michelangelo exclaims, pumping his fist.