Chapter 46: Return to Dimension X

"So, do we even have a real plan here or are we just winging it for laughs?" Raphael asks as the Turtle Blimp moves through the clouds, en route to TCRI.

"It's all on the Mighty Mutanimals," Donatello answers, focused on the blimp's navigation screen. "First they break into TCRI, then Doc Rockwell activates the portal—"

"And then it's back to Dimension X! Yeah boy! I get to be smart again," Michelangelo interrupts, tapping his head and smiling proudly. He's hanging from the railing surrounding the upper half of the blimp, his knees holding him in place.

"I get the first part. Makes sense," Raphael says. "It's the 'save millions of mutated New Yorkers' part I don't get."

"Well, Donnie's got his super retro-mutagen stuff," Leonardo points out as he steers the ship. He glances over his shoulder. "That'll work. Uh, right Donnie?"

Donatello grins. "Heck yeah! And once we change all the humans back, Rockwell will hone in on us with the Kraang portal and, theoretically, teleport us all back to Earth." His brothers and Destiny stare at him as he continues in a rambling tone, "Hopefully. Maybe." The intelligent turtle flashes a nervous smile.

Raphael groans and smacks his forehead. "Yep. We're doomed," he says, deadpan.

"Have a little faith, Raph," Destiny says, flipping downwards so that she dangles off the same railing as Michelangelo. She flashes a fanged smile as she shakes her hair around, which sticks straight up because of her position. "Donnie's pretty much never let us down. We've got this."

"Dimension X, here we come!" Michelangelo whoops. Him and Destiny share an upside down high-three.

Destiny shuts her eyes briefly. "Quick comment here, let me see if I've got the gist of what happened while I was gone and why we're doing this," she says. "You guys went to Dimension X, Mikey is super smart over there, Slash and the Mutanimals are all mutants you met on other days and other times, and..." She frowns, her eyes opening as she tries to think of what she's missing. "And...uh, TCRI is the Kraang HQ."

"Basically." Donatello shrugs. "I gave you a basic rundown before. Later, I can elaborate on finer details."

Destiny nods as she sways, her tail drooping up towards the ground. Her lips pucker and she gains a pensive glint in her wild eyes.

"I just hope the Mutanimals don't screw this up," Leonardo admits as his eyes fall on the distant TCRI. "If they can't get that portal open..."

"We won't think about that," Destiny finishes. She flips over and swings onto the main deck of the ship, wobbling for a brief second as the blood rushes back to her feet. "Let's focus on saving the people of New York."

"Good idea," Raphael mumbles. "If we talk about it much more, I'm gonna go nuts."

They keep sailing onwards in relative silence, waiting for what may never come. After a few long minutes, a large blast of purple light erupts from TCRI's roof, opening a swirling portal within the stormy clouds.

"Yes! They did it!" Michelangelo exclaims, pointing towards the beacon.

"Unbelievable," Leonardo mutters.

"Hoist the mizzenmast, lads! This pirate ship's about to jack Dimension X!" Raphael hollers.

"Ready your oxygen converters, guys," Donatello reminds everyone.