F O R T Y E I G H T

Omniscient POV

"You can't even tell me the name?" Megan pleaded.

"Nope."

"The gender?"

"Nuh uh." Normani giggled. "You have to wait until they're born like everybody else."

"But I'm not everybody else! I'm yo best friend, yo sister, your maid of honor at your wedding! The godmother of your children, including this one, I deserve to know!" Normani couldn't help but laugh. Megan has been bothering her for details about the new baby for the entire pregnancy. She's been guessing and making assumptions for the entire nine months.

"This is true..." Normani thought for a second, and figured it couldn't hurt to spill some of the tea she and Y/n had been holding on to. "To answer one of your questions, it's not multiples. Just one baby this time."

"I knew it! Amala owes be a Birkin." Megan pulls her phone out to text her wife and tease her.

"You making bets on my baby?" Normani laughed.

"I wasn't until you started being so secretive about... her?" she squinted her eyes to see if Mani would give in to revealing the gender.

"I'm not telling you the gender. Plus I don't know the gender. Y/n and my doctor are the only ones who know." Mani shrugged as she continued folding baby clothes for her hospital bag.

"Soo she's the one I need to be badgering for answers? Got it."

"Girl, leave her alone! She's exhausted from putting the nursery together over these past few days. Which is a surprise to all of us because she and Autumn are the only ones who know what it looks like."

"Well, I may have an idea actually. They came to me for help." Megan grabbed some of the clothes to fold.

"Is it cute?" Mani asked.

"Yes it is, and I think you'll love it. I only know the theme, but the color scheme and stuff was a secret of course. Now I know why."

"I trust y'all either way. I'm just ready for it all to be over. Being pregnant in this heat is not for the weak." Normani's hands naturally began to rub her stomach.

"You make it look beautiful though, Mani. You're literally glowing."

"Thank you, I feel like I'm glowing. I'm so excited to meet them and hold them. It's such a weird but beautiful feeling holding them for the first time." Megan smiled as she listened to Mani talk about her experience. "You'll know what I mean in your own time though."

"I know, Amala lights up completely whenever we have the kids over to babysit. It's the cutest thing."

"Isn't it? Y/n is the same way. Their eyes have this childlike twinkle to them almost. Like they've never loved anything more." Normani folded the last piece of clothes to go in her hospital bag and closed it up. Megan grabbed the bag and put it by the front door, ready to go whenever they needed it.

"So are you nervous this time around? I know last time was a bit stressful but you're basically a pro now." Megan propped her friend's feet up onto her lap when she sat down on the couch.

"Surprisingly? No. I think because it was my first pregnancy and it was twins I had a lot to be worried about. This time it's only one baby, Y/n is here and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and it's my second pregnancy. Nothing bad is expected to happen so I'm calm."

"Good, I don't want you worrying about a damn thing. You and the lil' nugget are in good hands." Megan said making Normani laugh.

"We really are. Any day now though. Hopefully within the next week or so." While the girls were talking, Y/n came downstairs after waking up from her much needed nap.