Chapter 3 Well Exuse Me!

My foot trips on the last second and but I make it. My foot tripped on the train ledge so I just face planted.

"Watch it Tris!" Christina yells at me for not knowingly taking into her feet with me head.

"Well excuse me!" I respond getting away from her black Doc Martins.

My thoughts trailed back to the Alpha of the Dauntless Black Blood pack. I feel like I've seen him before, I just can't put my finger on it. Something radiates off of him that is so, mysterious.

"Tris." Christina snaps me out of my day dreaming when I realize people were moving and getting off the train. But the train was still moving.

Jumping.

"You've got to be kidding me." I say in disbelief.

"They are making us jump off the train now!? Are they trying to kill us?" Christina yells while getting up preparing to jump. Oh, so we're actually doing this, skittles.

"Together?" She asks holding out a hand.

"Together." I take her hand and count down from five mentally.

5
We have our bodies in a running position like a marathon runner.

4
Christina and I push off the wall of the train.

3
I leap off the train, spreading my legs like a professional ballerina. Christina is about and inch behind my foot from not jumping at the same time as me.

2
I break for the landing.

1
Touch down.

The lungs in my chest are begging for air. Christina is beside me on her back, heaving like a maniac, probably from trying to not to fall off the railing on the building. She's fine though, scared out of her mind, but fine.

"Please ease PLEASE tell me there is no more initiations." I beg out in the open.

But of course the Moon Goddess just had to have other plans.

"Alright ladies, jump!" Zeke announced. He hops onto a ledge then points down into the hole full of dark abyssiness.

"What's on the bottom?" Lauren yells. Lauren is one of my major bullies at school. AKA, all the pack's slut. And saying that someone is all the packs something, is a big deal.

"You'll find out." Zeke says with a devious smirk. What is the guy up to...
His body shifts to the dark hole and eventually falls. Faint laughter can be heard from Zeke's falling body.

"Alright who is next?" Another man steps up on the ledge. Hopefully he won't jump. If Zeke said you'll find out, and laughed in the way down there, there is something protecting us.

Murmurs could be heard through the crowd. I look around in the crowd, seeing if anyone is going to volunteer. My brain signals as much courage as I can and I walk up there.

"I'll do it." I say confidently. Of course I didn't say it like that. Me being myself, I probably said those words in a small whisper only the man could hear.

The guy grunts and backs away. I step up onto the ledge and look down.

"We don't have all day!" The man barks, which earns a few bullied snickers from the crowd behind me. I roll it off and look down once more.

I spread my arms like the statue of Jesus in Rio and let the darkness engulf me.
-------

Jumping down into a black hole isn't as fun as you think it would be. I release a blood curling scream as my arms and legs go flailing through the air.