Chapter 32 Tobias's Story

We drove home that night. Sarah was so excited because we kinda spoiled that we were throwing her a birthday party for turning 8. We laughed the entire way home but the tension was thick between us.

As soon as we walk into the house, the lights are off. Sarah clings onto my leg as I rub her back. Then the lights flip on and we all, including us, yell 'SURPRISE!'.

Sarah squeals and hugs me and Tobias while continuously muttering 'Thank You!'. When her eyes make contact with Xavier's, she lunges toward him and hugs him. That causes Xavier's hands to peel away from behind behind his back and he is holding a rose. A red one. Sarah gasps and kisses his cheek.

Xavier freezes and then slowly brakes a smile onto his cheeky face. He kisses her back on the cheek and Sarah blushes. I metal awe at the cute moment. Defiantly mates.

Christina comes barreling through people, and squeezes my body. Even though I'm short with my 5'4 figure, Christina is shorter at 5'2'. I hug her back and that's when Shauna, Lynn, Al and Jason come in.

I shriek and Tobias's eyes snap to mine. He calms down once he realizes that there is no danger and does the whole bro-hug thing with Will.

"AL! JASON! I can't believe it! Where were you guys all this time?" I ask them both giving each a huge hug. My eyes fall into their necks and I gasp then scream again. Tobias ends up lifting me up into his arms snarling at everyone.

I slap his arm hard and o jump down. He mumbles colorful words and I just ignore him.

"YOUR MATES!!!" I yell and the room gets quiet. Then the room brakes into applause. I sniff the air and I smell. Opening my mouth about to scream again but Al and Jason slap a hand over my mouth.

"Ok, chill Tris!" Jason says laughing.

"Where did you guys go? When?"

"We took about a month to get to know each other and meet our parents. Then have time just to ourselves." Jason replies planting a kiss on Al's temple. I awe and give them both hugs.

"I'm so happy that you too found each other!" I say still hugging them. They pull away to the kitchen and I find my way to the living room where currently Xavier and Sarah are kicking ass at Mario Cart against Tobias, Uriah and Zeke. Tobias keeps on falling off of the Rainbow Road, Uriah keeps on hitting bananas and the bad power up cube things, Zeke is going on the wrong direction and yelling at the tv screen that it's wrong, and Sarah and Xavier are in 1st and 2nd place.

Sarah and Xavier are on their throws lap and the rest are on their first lap. Zeke is on -4 and I'm basically sitting on Tobias's shoulders.

"CAKE TIME!!" I hear Shauna yell. We all rush into the kitchen. We rush to the kitchen and I grab two plates of dauntless cake. Zeke tries to reach for one but I growl at him.

"Not fair!" He whines and stomps his foot on the ground.

"What are you? Four?" I ask and Tobais's head perks up.

"No, but I am!" I calls out raising one hand. I chuckle to myself and walk to the couch placing both plates down.

"This isn't fair! You get away with anything!" Zeke complains again. He tries to reach for one again and I smack his hand.

"With this smile, I can et away with anything." I reply sassily. Thanks sits next to me and pulls me into his lap rubbing circles on my hip bone. I put affectionately and lean back into his hard chest.

"PRESENT TIME!" Sarah yells and plops down on my lap. I giggle and grab my present that me and Tobais got for her.

"This present is from Me and Four." I say and she rips the paper open. She squeals and holds up the box.

A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle giant play set. I laugh at the memory.

' "What does Sarah like for her birthday?" I ask. I'm currently Making Uriah pancakes because he said he would tell me if I make him pancakes.

"She live TMNT stuff." He answers me back. I look at his confused and he motions me to look back at the pancakes. I curse and put the three onto the plate.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" He says sassily.'

----------

After the party was done, I headed back too me and Tobias's room in the pack house. We have a place t stay in the pack house incase something happens at Tobais's house.

I start the shower and strip my clothes. I let the temperature rise too a comfortable level and get in. I hear he door to our room open.

"Hey Tobias! I'm in the shower!" I yell letting him know where I am. The door opens to the bathroom and I sniff the air.

"Tobais? That's his real name? I thought it would be like William or something. Anywho, you have two days. Just to make it fun, you don't come meet me in the woods and Sarah, Xavier, and everyone you love and cherish about will die." And he leaves.

I fall to my knees and scream. I scream out all the frustration from these people, all the sadness I'm feeling, and other things that will take too long to explain. I scream until I'm on the shower floor rolled up in a ball, sobbing.

The door starts pounding and I sob again thinking that it's the people coming to kill me. That man, I've heard his voice before. Where? And why do him and his two friends want to kill me? How does he get into the pack house.

The door pounds harder and then it's slams into the wall. I scream again and the curtain pulls back and I relax. Barely.

Tobias is standing there with golden eyes and he turns the shower off, oblivious to he fact that I'm naked. His eyes remain golden and I know that his wolf, Axe, is in control. Kyra isn't speaking to me and I sob again. She hasn't spoken to me since we found them at note carved into the hotel wall.

Axe takes his shirt off and slips it on me. He takes me into his arms and I hold on like my life depends on him. He sets me down onto the bed and moves to his luggage. I whimper from the loss of my mate and Axe rushes. He strips down into his boxers and pulls me down next to him. I look at his face and see that his eyes are still gold. I wraps my arm around his waist and he digs his nose into my neck and we just hold each other.

When he pulls back, his beautiful crystal blue eyes are back. I notice some water in his eyes and I wipe them away.

"When I was little, when I was born, my father loved me. He used to treat me like a prince but that changed one day." He said to me. I nod and dig my head into his chest.

"One day he just snapped. He got so mad when he found out that my mom used some money for buying extra clothes. He started hitting my mom and when I was 6 years old, I trained extra hard on extra hours to learn to protect my mom." I cover my mouth to prevent a cry from coming out for him. He went through that as a child! No child should have to deal with that.

"When I was 13, I finally did it. I beat him. He had two black eyes, a broken nose, three broken ribs, and a fractured shin. But what shocked me the most was when he said that my mother, was never my true mate. She was human, well half wolf, and they were not mates. and that whole thing about clothes was fake! She found her mate and I was thankful that he wanted me, but he killed him. He killed my future father because he couldn't get over the fact that she would leave. Oh! And the worst part was that he found his mate already. Luna Jeannine. He rejected her and she became heartless and wants revenge on my mom because she was-" and that's when he punched the bed.

"She was Divergent. The entire reason that my father wanted my mom was because she was divergent. And now, Jeannine wants to kill all of them for revenge. My dad said he into way for him to accept her is to kill all the Divergents. He wanted a divergent kid and when j was born and tested non-divergent by Dr Tori, he beat my mom. Then he beat me. Because I was a mistake." I sob. I cry for my mate, my lover, the man I cherish. I cry for all that he has been through.

"Then, my mom committed her own death so he would stop beating her and me. So he would never get what he wanted. A powerful, alpha, divergent child. And he snapped. He continued to beat me until I transferred he to my pack now. Alpha Max was the original Alpha along with Luna Veronica Roth. " And when he finished, he slumped into me, and I just held him. I held him until he was done and I mentally prepared myself for my side.

And the death treat.