13: Ms. Momo's Neighborhood

Future's Preserve gated community. A once empty and vacant plot of land an hour away from the main hub of Musutafu, now transformed into a prosperous and continually growing neighborhood built by the residents, and for the residents. What was initially a small group of a community that huddled together under a young leadership to combat a market slump has now flourished into a lavish and lush community of people still united under the same leadership for a better future. The gated neighborhood was no different than any other, with installations of a natural water reserve, community swimming pool, several playgrounds and a large recreational center. Future's Preserve, preserving a better future by beginning in the present.

10:30 in the morning, Monday. The skies were curtained behind a wall of thick grey clouds but no sign of rain. Somewhat humid for a day in autumn times the community was buzzing in the furthest reaches of the neighborhood where houses were still under construction, heavy machinery being common such as a forklift carrying stacks of planks to and from build sites with bulldozers doing much of the heavy work and dirt removal. In another corner at a different build site, cement materials floated weightlessly to fill areas accompanied by the constant noise of nails hammered and drills drilling. Children watched but could only do so, mimicking the adults with their own set of 'tools' no sturdier than plastic and no bigger than the size of their palm.

"Whoa." Said Midoriya who stood at the entrance of the gated community, the automatic gates that were currently open standing at least twelve or more feet tall. "Am I entering the promised land or something? These gates are HUGE."

"Well they certainly need to be to make people feel safe, that is the intention of their design after all."

From his left came the clicking of boots and Yaoyorozu's voice which he rotated to, the woman donning her hero outfit like he did but with a yellow hardhat on her head. That's cute for what reason did the hardhat make her look so adorable to him? He didn't know. "Yaoyorozu hey, talk about timing."

"Actually, I've been waiting for your arrival over in the registration building for the past half hour now." Yaoyorozu replied with a point over her right shoulder to a small building off to the side of the entrance. "So unfortunately, it isn't perfect timing. Just the waiting game."

"Oh."

"Before we begin, may I see your license please?"

"Tch, what? Heh, you really think I'd show up without having a valid hero license for the usage of my Quirk? Come on Yaoyorozu you know me."

"Hm-hm, yes, I do in fact know you. In fact I know you so well that I know you'd lie about something to the point where your stubborn headedness becomes arrogance and refusal to accept even the slightest notions of assistance. As much as I trust you Midoriya and as much as I trust our history together, I would much rather prefer you are credited with the proper license for using your Quirk than if you weren't for your sake. I'd hate to have a punishment befall your shoulders because you didn't have valid credentials."

"Yaoyorozu."

Yaoyorozu pressed her left fist against the same side hip as her right palm was held out and up to Midoriya. "License. Please."

Midoriya stuttered and blabbered before realizing he would not have any success in making the woman move from her ground, his shoulders slumping as he sighed in defeat. A compartment on the right side of his belt was snapped open with fingers reaching inside to pull out not a license but rather a folded up piece of paper that caused Yaoyorozu's eyebrows to furrow slightly. The man lightly smacked the paper against his left palm with an expression that reminded her of shame or embarrassment before he reluctantly held it out to her. Yaoyorozu took the paper with her right index and middle fingers as Midoriya looked out to his side with a hand rubbing the back of his neck, grimacing while listening to the sound of the paper being unfolded and read.