16: Safe Place

Momo: I've sent you the address to the location of the therapist's house where we scheduled your appointment with. They're a therapist I'm most familiar with due to my father's affiliation with them, he used to schedule appointments with him after the stress of his business would get to him at times. I'll meet you here half an hour before your appointed session.

Midoriya: Look I know I made a promise to you and all Momo but I'm not sure if this is the right thing for me. If the treatment the doctor in the United States issued to me didn't work what makes you think a therapist is gonna make the problems go away?

Momo: For starters only a fool would believe that a receptacle of pills will permanently fix a traumatic incident. They may work short term but long term goals are never achieved. You require help from a more personal position, from somebody who you can speak to and receive official guidance from. Friends are a great tool for venting your issues to but when it comes to your situation there's only so much they can do. This will prove beneficial in the long run I assure you. We'll speak more on it once I've arrived I'm almost to the house now.

Midoriya: Are you texting and driving? That's not really heroic of a hero now Creati.

Momo: Is this coming from the same individual who said during their third year 'Let's always be there for each other' then blips out of existence for several years and comes back for an interview on-air?

Midoriya: You're never gonna let that go are you.

Momo: No 😊. I'll arrive shortly.

Turning away from the screen of his phone Midoriya looked up to see the house he stood in front of on the sidewalk and by himself, his uneasy nerves shaking from the anxiousness that plagued him. The house was a two story, plain old house just like any other but there was something disturbing at the home that dug an uncomfortable hole in his core. It was a calm and pretty house but it was almost too pretty if there ever was such a thing. It was so calming that it bothered him, the soft colors of beige and white flowed so perfectly with each other it was unsettling to notice. It's as if he was looking directly at a sheep that hid a snarling wolf under it's disguise.

Therapy. That one word alone has haunted him for so many nights and so many days, clinging onto the back of his mind like a tick on an obese dog. Therapy. Those three syllables stalked his sanity relentlessly, wanting so much for the day to arrive where his issues would just up and disappear into thin air without having to go through the trouble of scheduling an appointment with a professional in the field. Seeing a therapist to help confront his issues made him feel like he wasn't who he should be, like he wasn't what he was meant to be. But deep down inside, he knew. He knew he could only run for so long before his legs gave out and his mind would snap, he knew. He just didn't want to believe that he knew it was going to happen.

To be honest with himself, he feels guilty knowing he's only doing this for Yaoyorozu. For the short time that they've become friends again she's become the life saver he needs to remain afloat in the dangerous waters around him. Her calm voice, her gentle manners, her motherly caress. They were all the match to help light the candle in a room of darkness. The day he became an idiot and decided to tell her off about not wanting anything to do with her was a day he would not want to experience ever again for so long that he continues to draw breath. To not have her as a friend or anybody that he could ever see again, it's a nightmare. He just hopes he can have the chance to kiss her before he does anything stupid again.

.
..
...

He blinked, hard and fast. "Wait......what?"

'Ooooooh, looks like somebody's noticiiiiing.'