19: Simple Picnic

*BZZZT*
*BZZZT*
*BZZZT*

An All Might figurine on a desk vibrated thanks to a phone on said desk also vibrating from an incoming phone call, a figure under the covers of a nearby bed groaning whilst they stir and shift from the disturbance of their sleep. Peeking out from the cover of an All Might blanket was the messily disheveled and scraggly head of a yawning Midoriya, his eyes nearly squinted shut from the aching around his eyes. A scowl spread itself across his face as he reached for his phone at the very moment it stopped vibrating, regardless slapping his left palm over the back of the device and sliding it off the desk. Straining his eyes from the brightness of the screen the man pierced through the blurriness of morning grogginess to read:

Missed call - Momo

Double tapping the notification unlocked the phone and brought up the call history, his eyes opening wide and all senses shocking into full gear when seeing what came next.

42 missed calls - Momo

"Shit!" Midoriya cursed as he threw the blanket off himself and hopped onto his feet, calling Yaoyorozu's contact number as he hurried over to his dresser to reach into a drawer and pull out a pair of socks. "Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon."

*BRRRR*
*BRRRR*
*BRRRR*
*BRR-*

"Hello?"

"Momo!" Midoriya exclaimed into the phone as he hopped towards his closet on his left foot while slipping the sock onto his right. "I'm sorry I just woke up right now what's wrong is everything okay?!"

"Oh Izuku! Hello um, e-erm..."

"What's wrong?! Momo I'm on my way tell me what's happening!"

"It's...It's nothing of an emergency heh I was just um...calling for a different reason..."

Midoriya stopped in his hopping once the sock was on his foot. "What?"

"I......heh, f-forgive me my love for this is going to seem like a very very, VERY foolish reason for why I attempted multiple times to contact you. But...I-I wanted to call you because, w-well, there's something I've been wanting to tell you since I myself woke up hours ago. Something that...drove me to the limits of my patience."

"Momo?"

"I, I called you because I wanted to tell you...um....e-erm.........Good morning my love!"

.
..
...
....
.....

Midoriya blinked slow, and blinked like a frog. "Momo....you called me....42 times this morning....because you couldn't wait to tell me good morning?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...y-yes."

The longest and deepest of sighs exited the man's lips as he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, his panicking heart beating for nothing once the alarm became false. A part of him wanted to be irritated, angry even for the disturbance of his already difficult time in getting enough sleep to function through the day. Nightmares were already a hassle enough for him to get the sleep he needed so phone calls certainly weren't going to help with anything. He wanted to be frustrated but, the other part of him couldn't help but smile when realizing Yaoyorozu was so impatient to tell him a simple good morning she had to attempt contact 42 different times in order for her to do so. He couldn't push aside how wholesome that made him feel.