27: ...And Accept

*tick*
*tick*
*tick*
*tick*

A clock ticked in the quiet room of a large private study where the walls were painted a deep blood red to contrast with the shrub green bookshelves lining against the walls, a fireplace burning on the right hand side of the study where wood crackled and popped from the burning flames. On the furthest wall from a set of double red oak doors was a massive painting of a woman with a large bun and two bangs in a red dress standing next to a bald man with a soft black goatee wearing a black tuxedo, their daughter seated in between them in a red dress like her mother's. Each of their expressions were stoic and flat, as if they were royalty of high decree with the rest of the world several levels beneath their feet. Thankfully for several years of classmates, the daughter did not carry that level of thinking in comparison to others.

*POP*

A wine bottle had it's cork popped and tip leaned over to begin pouring the contents into an empty glass on the surface of dark brown wooden desk, a gentle hand placing the bottle back onto the desk surface once the liquid had filled the glass halfway. Cusping the glass in the webbing of her right index and middle fingers Mrs. Yaoyorozu drew the glass towards her lips where she tilted the glass rim for a light sip of wine, her bun propping her head against the velvet of her throne like chair. In front of her desk were Midoriya and her daughter who simply remained quiet for the time being, the former unsure whether he should even speak at all with the latter nervous about an unwell first impression. Mother's first encounter with the boyfriend in what was going to be a possible kiss-fest in the kitchen? There were undoubtedly better methods.

"Hmmmm." Mrs. Yaoyorozu sighed with the wine flowing down her throat as she gazed to the burning fire of wood and ember, the luminosity of flame reflecting perfectly off her silver eyes. Closing her eyes she opened them again to reveal her pupils were now fixated on Midoriya who sat on the right from her perspective, his head slightly bowed to her at an angle. "It's a lovely night, isn't it."

"U-Uh *AHEM* Yes, ma'am it's, it's nice out tonight." Midoriya answered. "Very wet heh, rain, and all."

"Do you enjoy rain?"

"I don't prefer it but, at the same time I'm not against it. It has it's pros and, it has it's cons to go along with it."

"I think there's something rather, revealing, when it comes to rain. Wouldn't you agree?"

"I uh, wouldn't, know exactly. Sorry."

The mother inspected the man up and down before nodding and taking another sip from her glass of wine, then clasping her hands together and placing them on her desk. "It's been well aware to me that for the past days now you've been spending majority if not all your time here with my daughter. Is that right?"

"Yes." Midoriya confirmed. "Momo's been generous enough in letting me stay in her room I, I hope that isn't too much trouble."

"Oh not at all, were it of any concern I would have had you removed from the property on the very first night. I'm informed on the recent events that occurred surrounding your status as a hero and given the level of familiarity with which you share with my daughter I knew there was reason for why you are here. Momo's always been a child to look out for who's around her, this is no surprise to me. Though, I do find myself struggling to understand why it is that you choose to remain here alongside my daughter for your rehabilitation than anywhere else. Are your crutches that reliant on her?"

"MOTHER please-"

"Silence, Momo. Let him speak for himself now."

"Crutches?" Midoriya questioned. "What do you mean crutches?"