Hermione (V)

Hermione was getting tired of everything. It had been a few weeks since Jason left. Harry was still enveloped in his own thoughts, and seemed to give her somewhat of a cold shoulder. So, she didn't have anyone to talk to.

Hermione spent most of her free time reading the books about powerful spells that Jason had given her. Sometimes, she visited the teachers along with Harry to learn about his parents. Snape, McGonagall, and Remus used to tell him stories they knew about his parents, and Harry loved listening to them. He would also ask Hermione and Jason to tag along sometimes.

The trio also had a daily training session with the teachers, and that helped Hermione keep herself busy.

"So, how's that transformation coming up?" McGonagall asked Hermione and Harry as they were trying to leave. The two of them were currently with McGonagall in the room of requirement, training in transfiguration, and defense spells.

"Well, Harry messed up. He spit out the mandrake leaf when he was quarreling with Jason," Hermione informed her, causing McGonagall to look at Harry.

"Potter, how could you be so careless?" McGonagall asked. "You realize that this means you have to start everything again?"

"Yes, professor," Harry replied, with a guilty and embarrassed look on his face.

"What about you?" McGonagall asked Hermione.

"I've done the first steps, and my first transformation a few days ago," she replied.

"Why didn't you inform anyone? Hermione, you know how dangerous these things can get," McGonagall scolded her.

"I know, professor. That's why I had Jason helping me," Hermione admitted.

"Jason? Where exactly did your transformation happen?"

"At the Grindlewald mansion," Hermione replied hesitantly.

"Oh, my god. I can't with you two, honestly.

"Sorry, professor."

"Potter, I expect you have already started it again?" McGonagall turned her attention towards Harry, which Hermione was thankful for.

The transformation that they were talking about was the Animagus transformation.

The process is extremely difficult and can result in disaster (such as permanent half-human, half-animal mutations) if done incorrectly. A witch or wizard must keep a single mandrake leaf in their mouth for an entire month (from full moon to full moon). If the leaf is removed or swallowed, the witch or wizard will have to start over again. At the next visible full moon (if the night happens to be cloudy one will have to start over) the wizard must spit the leaf in a phial within range of the moon's pure rays.

To the moon-struck phial, the wizard or witch must add one of their own hairs, a silver teaspoon of dew that has not seen sunlight or been touched by human feet for seven days, and the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth. The mixture must be put in a quiet, dark place and be in any way disturbed.

The next thing that must happen is for the wizard to wait for an electrical storm, whenever that might be. During this waiting period the wizard must, at sunrise and sundown without fail, chant the incantation Amato Animo Animato Animagus with the tip of their wand placed over the heart.

When, at last, there is a lightning storm, the wizard ought to move immediately to a large and secure place, recite the incantation one final time, and then drink the potion. Animagi can only take on the form of one specific animal. This animal form is not chosen by the wizard, but determined by their personality and inner traits.