Chapter 1

It was a fine autumn morning when strong winds blew as bright orange sunlight filtered through people's houses. Most of the streets were hustling and bustling. Cars passed by and various persons walked along. Some going to work, others just going to have fun. It was just another busy day in Bradford. It was hard for everyone to find free time for themselves from this busy life of theirs. But, people who live between so much noise often become deaf to the silence. They never care to look out of their lives and see what's happening around them. Either the lights have blinded them or they are just watching from the back seat because where the sun doesn't shine, where only silence could be heard is where the crime takes place.

Yes, there is a dark part of this city. Where people have their way by unfair means. Where money and success is everything to them. They would step on anyone so that they could crush them and look like they are in a better place, they are higher. The walls are so high that the screams of the innocent never reach the ears of city. If you're here, either you get used to it or you become something, you thought you would never be. Either way, you never leave. It is always your destiny that leads you to this place.  The people in the "brighter" part of the city have always known about all the unfair acts which take place here but, they would never do anything which doesn't help them gain profit. They always mean business and all they want is success. This is the harsh yet true state of our society today. Not helping until you get something in return.

The cases of kidnapping of women have been rising in this city since a few months. Police have looked hard into the cases yet, found nothing. The criminal is pretty skilful, who never leaves any traces that will help you to track him down. Some guesses have been made and according to a research, one person is not involved in this, this has been done by a gang.  No one ever found out what happened to those girls. Someone lost his friend, wife, girlfriend, mother, sister and the whole town is pretty shocked and scared. The gang has a pattern of kidnapping but, the police have not been able to put a finger on it till now. 

Everyone is scared to step out of their houses fearing that they might be the gang's next victim. But, Avril was not one of them. She sure feared losing her dear ones but, her motto was to live her life to the fullest. She lived just between the border of the busy city and dark town. The dark town was sparsely populated. She was never afraid of going out alone at night rather, she saw it as a challenge and she also wanted to show how daring she was. Not to prove anything to anyone but, just for the sake of her own conscience that she was still brave and strong enough to go alone while other girls in the town are simply refusing to step a foot out of their houses.