Chapter 14

Both of them walked down to the lawn. The grass swayed with cool breeze as Avril and Zayn walked towards the small pond between the lawn. "This place is beautiful, isn't it?"-Zayn said gleefully thinking to himself that he finally got to spend time with her and she was softening towards him. "Yes, it is."Avril replied. She thought sorrowfully- "Here I am smiling and enjoying with the person who kidnapped me and my family is out there suffering. I'm surely gonna pay him back."

"Come sit over here."-Zayn said gesturing to a park bench. Avril sat down quickly but, kept her distance from him. They stared in to  blank space for a while and observed the small squirrels running from tree to tree and how birds perched upon the tree branches flew around. The silence was heavy and all that could be heard made by the water in the small pond. "So, hmm.. I never really go to know you, eh, tell me something about yourself."-Zayn said. "So he wants to get to know me now. Why does he always have to do this? I'm trying to keep calm but, he's annoying me. I have absolutely zero interest in sitting here with him and tell him about myself."-Avril thought bitterly as rage brewed up inside her again despite that she was trying to cool herself down. Even the smallest things about Zayn annoyed her because she hated him more than anything else for taking her life away from her. "Don't you know me enough to have brought me here for a trip even without my consent?"-Avril spat out with sarcasm and put extra emphasis on the word "trip", shooting glares at Zayn.

Zayn looked slightly amazed at her outburst and he was totally baffled because he assumed that things were getting better between them but, he also knew that he shouldn't let his guard down and he should remind her on regular intervals that all the power was in his hands-"Do not talk to me like that, Avril. I really don't want you to be punished, don't you want the same or are you missing the old, dark basement back in Bradford?" "What were you thinking Avril Smith? Look what you have done, you're spoiling your own game. You need to stop anger from getting your best side, try to fight it and don't let him know. If he can play wicked games, so can you. It's the mind game that you need here, if you completely gain his trust and he's convinced that you have fallen for him, you will be able to escape. You must hack his mind so that his thoughts get clouded by you, only you. If your sweet poison slowly takes him down successfully, you will be free forever. You can do it."-Avril reminded herself that she should play nice, at least for the sake of her plan.

"I'm sorry."-Avril apologized because that seemed to be in accordance with her plan. "Did she just apologize?"-Zayn thought in astonishment and said that out loud too which made Avril fake a giggle and reply- "Yes, I did." "Oh, okay. So, tell me about yourself now."-Zayn said turning all of his attention towards Avril. "He's not letting me go easy, is he? Okay, so what should I tell him about myself that I used to be a happy little girl who went to college everyday and had a good life with caring parents, an annoying yet cute sister and a best friend, Ronica till one day, a jerk kidnapped me and locked me in place that reeks of mildew and now I'm sitting in a beautiful place but, not being able to enjoy it because he is sitting right next to me."- she wanted to say this but, instead she said-"I wanted to become a fashion designer and I used go to a college. I'm nineteen, my hobbies are reading and painting." She spoke as if she was sick of all the things she was saying and she showed no interest in it. "Okay, so I'm gonna tell you about myself now."-Zayn cleared his throat and as he was about to start Avril thought "What are you going to tell me? That you're a kidnapper and have no life who goes around kidnapping girls? I didn't even ask you to tell me about yourself." "You probably think that I'm just a criminal and there's nothing I'm really passionate about but, I am into art. I'm twenty-three and I wanted to pursue my career in art but, because of some reasons, I ended up being here."-Zayn said looking ahead into space, thoughtfully and continued "I wonder what it would have been like if I just went with it. I think I could have gone far but, now my life is settled in a dark world and there' s no turning back."

Avril heard it with concentration and suggested - "It's never too late. If you leave your past behind, build the base again and do something you love, you can go places. You never know, I suggest you to try it." He chuckled-"Look love, once you come here into the dark world, you get used to it. The light hurts my eyes but, the black night cools me down. I know I won't pursue what I love but, being here, gives me a sense of immense satisfaction. Sometimes I look back and think of all the wise choices I could have made but, the circumstances back then, didn't allow me to. There's a reason for why I am what I am. I know you think of me as a bad person but, I have a heart too just like yours but, may be you're the reason I discovered it because it had been buried under the dust of pain from years and years before your breeze blew it away. I don't know why I'm telling you all about this but, all I know you're the one who brought me to my senses and you're also the one who makes me lose my mind. I feel like opening up to you. I know you would never understand."-With these words in which he poured out all his feelings to someone he barely knew, he left, leaving Avril sitting there in a state of shock

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My twitter- ria17sep

Hey, sorry, I didn't update it for a while because I was busy with school and stuff but, I'm surely gonna update whenever I have time. Thank you :)