Chapter 16

Avril decided to brace up and face Zayn before it's too late. She followed him and put on her best fake smile as she spoke-"I don't think I have other options, Zayn." "What are you talking about?"-Zayn asked. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think that there's an escape. I would rather live the days I have with happiness than filled with sorrow and hate. I know it's hard for you to believe, it's hard for even me to admit but, I really want to give us a chance. It would be better to live without wanting to kill each other, don't you think?"-she spoke out whatever she had in her mind and even she didn't know whether it was the truth or she was lying.

Zayn sensed the power of the words she just said and a part of him was saying that she couldn't be lying, her words seemed sincere but, he refused to believe that he got what he wanted without having to make much efforts. He really wanted to be one Avril belongs to but, he wasn't so sure that he wanted to chance it. He walked towards her and placed his hands on her shoulders as she moved a little bit closer to him and parted her lips to say something but, Zayn silenced her when he kept one of his long, slender fingers on her lips as he asked-"Are you sure? Is this what you really want?" He removed his finger from her lips as she insisted-"Sometimes the circumstances make you need the things you never wanted." Zayn smiled at her words as he slowly lowered his lips to hers.

Avril's heart was beating fast and she was scared and excited at the same time. She knew what was about to come was a part of her plan but, she overlooked the part of hers which longed for his kisses, she was cheating herself and liking it too. He carefully lifted her chin up with his fingers and let his large hands cup her face as his lips softly touched Avril's. Unsure of what to do in this situation, she placed her hands on his chest as he continued moving his lips with hers. She felt the same things she felt earlier but, differently. It was all different back then, when he forced himself on her but, now they are doing it because she agreed, because they are in love or because Zayn thought so. Whatever it is, they are a couple. Avril might have had some feelings for her handsome assailant but, she wouldn't let them get in the way of her mission. She was determined and Zayn was determined too. But, his determination could break hers because it was fragile.

Zayn slowly pulled out of the kiss and saw that Avril still had her eyes closed. "I want you to know something."-Zayn said softly due to the closeness of their faces. "What?"-Avril whispered. "I can't really give you a good life, you know that right?"-Zayn said in a voice full of regret and sorrow. "I know and that's what that makes it unique."-Avril wasn't about to give up. "No, you don't understand, you can't look forward to a tomorrow with me. My life is never certain."-Zayn tried to test her because even if he loved her, he wanted to know what made her suddenly fall in love with him. "I don't want a certain life. I won't look forward to a tomorrow, today is enough. I always had a certain life, right? See, what good did it do to me, I ended up being here."-she said everything that would make Zayn believe that she really wanted to be with him and she knew some of it was true too.

"So, if you love me today, are you sure you will have no regrets tomorrow?"-Zayn asked the one final question to assure that she actually meant the words she said. "I will have no regrets tomorrow."-she smiled victoriously as she knew Zayn couldn't argue with her any further. Zayn simply looked at her and his mind began racing with the thoughts of how this simple line that came out of Avril's mouth would make his life beautiful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My twitter- ria17sep

I really appreciate all the people who wait for updates because I'm not doing that a lot lately, I've been busy with a few things and I have a some more stuff coming up but, I assure you I'll complete this story even though my updates are really short.

I love you all and thank you so much. :)