Chapter 22: Bandit Hunting

Authors Note: Sorry for the long hiatus. School got in the way of a lot of things, I'm pretty sure my writing got worse actually.

December 9th, 2066 (1639). Appomattox, United States of America.

"God damn bandits. Having us drive all the way here." A member of Seal Team 6 named Jones O'Neill said as he zeroed in the sights of his ACOG, placed perfectly on his M27. Once he was finished, he then checked the laser dot attachment he had attached to his rifle, said attachment working perfectly as a bright green laser came out the front and pointed downwards before it was promptly shut off.

Another one of his teammates named Leon with thermal goggles on played with his hands, the exoskeleton on the fingers of Leon moving like it was a part of his fingers. A third navy seal of Japanese descent named Suzu checked his magazines as Suzu's hands occasionally bumped into his titanium fiber armor.

As the armored truck Jones and his other teammates were in shook on the once bombed roads of the city of Appomatox, the commanding officer for the entire operation, a petty officer first class decided to give a brief rundown of the entire operation one last time before the team made it onto the ground.

A person clearing his throat was heard in the earpieces of the 6 seal team members present in the truck, as well as 12 in two different armored trucks that were to follow. "Alright, to make this clear once more in case this mission is getting to you all. Our objective is to assassinate the key NUSA official, Lane B. Owens." 

"To also reiterate once more, Owens is a key official in the split between the proper United States and the insurgent rebellion, the New United States of America. Furthermore he is responsible for the multiple bombings of key American cities." The person, presumably being a female operations director said.

The operation director continued. "We are also to burn the facility to the ground while getting key information out of there. Take no prisoners with you as always." She said as no response came from the seal team members, they had known already.

The armored truck turned right as it slightly bumped on the burned asphalt roads before coming to a stop at a suburban house. The house had a navy blue roof and pale yellow walls, furthermore it had two floors, a garage, and a red car parked in the driveway. It was the exact house the navy seals were going to raid. Furthermore, since they were Seal Team 6, a new weapon would be also used in the raid.

As the two other trucks of navy seals went to surround the house, the main truck disembarked as Jones as well as his teammates disembarked from the armored truck. Immediately, the navy seals felt rain pouring on them as the clouds were dark and lightning from the distance was heard.

As they got into position behind the trucks, Suzu noticed Leon with the weapon. A metal tube a meter long with what seemed to be two pipes containing a purple beam and a pipe leading to it on the front, as well as a stock and a slanted grip at the bottom. "Leon, the hell is that?" Suzu asked as he took a hand off the grip of a M1014 shotgun he had to point at it.

Leon looked at the tube he was holding with just the grip. "This? Its a recent weapon imported from New Canteria before the transference during WW4. They wanted to have us test it out in the field so that they could get some feedback, the thing's called the Chornobyl Particle Neutron Destabilization Laser, or CELPAN for short." He said as Suzu looked in disbelief.

"Neutron destabilization. Isn't that just a nuclear fusion ray?" Suzu asked as he had a braincell to actually realize what Leon was having in his hands.

A silence befell Leon before he responded. "Who knows?" Leon said as he shrugged, still planning to use the weapon as was. He wasn't and never will be an expert in nuclear physics, he happened to just an engineer after all.