Chapter 15: Mysteries Unraveling

October 29th, 2066 (1639). Portland, Californian Empire.

'If a small and relatively undeveloped nation such as Fenn could destroy a world revered fighter jet, imagine what the greater powers in the New World could do?'

That was the thought of all of Post-America and New Canada. Everyone who could get the news, from lower class, to the wealthy, to the people able to actually buy a CG-1991 fighter themselves if they were on Earth. All thought about the way Attu 2 had died in Fenn as even the Californian president thought about the matter.

Though it was a time of solitude for the people who overthought the matter, and a matter of respecting the dead for the men who shared the Attu callsign and the family of Attu 2, the news saw it as an opportunity and were speaking about it all day.

"Anything new Oscar-san?" Nakama said as he stopped near Oscar, who was watching his laptop on a cheap office chair. "Stop the 'san' shit. You're Canterian, don't need to do all of that." Oscar then said as he turned to Nakama with a face of disgust and a side of 'Jesus Christ, that's cringe' to accompany it.

Nakama then crossed his arms. "I'm technically Japanese though?" Nakama said, to which Oscar sighed. "And I'm pretty sure acting gay is still illegal in New Canteria, so checkmate you cringe inducing bastard." Oscar said as he continued fiddling with the Dell laptop on his lap, filing out a report to send to the printers, unaware of the amount of anime tropes his battle buddy had on hand.

"W-why would you think I'm gay for you?" Nakama said in a fake tone of embarrassment while having a massive smile on his face. "B-", "Don't you FUCKING say it!" Oscar had managed to type down a few words in time as Nakama finished the first part of his sentence, managing to say something in the nick of time.

"Look! Ok, look. Half of the news feed is all about that dead guy back in Fenn, you happy?" Oscar said as he turned his head around uncannily fast, clearly not taking any of the things Nakama was planning to spit out or already said.

A hum was heard. "Oh? Andrew Shaw?" Nakama then said as, not even he was immune to the constant spouting the news proudly gave about Attu 2, though the easygoing and mostly unserious man he was. "Yeah. Basically a lot of news channels are saying that; if the thing that killed Andrew was in mass production in the New World, we're fucked. Though its just a lot of overthinking in my opinion." Oscar said as he put the laptop aside to address his opinion about the matter, something you cant do in OTL nowadays.

"Oh. Well what else is on there?" Nakama asked, making Oscar squint his eyes slightly and grab his laptop. "See for yourself." Oscar said, handing the laptop to the Canterian. 

"Ooo, a live broadcast all the way in Carolina." Nakama then said after a relatively scroll with the touchpad of the laptop. Oscar then tried to see what the laptop was showing, however his eyesight nor distance could get him anywhere. At that point, Nakama then noticed and handed Oscar the laptop.

"-ently, from the Californians and Alaskans unjust invasion of the island of Fenn till now. Several terrorist attacks from supposedly Californian funded terror groups have been reported on the southern states of Post-America, Texas being an exception. These terrorist attacks ranging from suicide bombings to full on mass military plane hijackings." The news reporter stated as he stood in front of the remains of a skyscraper

"A prime example of the ferocity of the attacks was the East Point Massacre in Georgia yesterday, where 2,400 people were killed by a commercial airliner crashing into a skyscraper. And as you can see here, I am standing in front of its remains." The news reporter continued in a sad voice, firemen sorting through the ruins for survivors in the background.