Chapter One

Hwang Sarang

Song for the chapter
Closer than this - Jimin

Yon International academy was a dream. Being a student in the academy is a dream come true. The school were offering scholarship examination so Sarang and her best friend, Yojae had already sat for the exams.

Sarang won the exams by luck because the exams was really tough. Her mom, Mrs Hwang was extremely happy that her daughter was going to college and with a scholarship everything would be easy for her. Unfortunately Yojae didn't win the exams, even though she was also a brilliant student like Sarang.

They attended the same elementary school and they were childhood friends too. Yojae's parents were not as poor as Sarang's. Sarang only had her mother since she was six. Cancer was a very stubborn disease. Her father was too weak to fight the cancer in his blood streams so he eventually passed away leaving a sad Sarang and Mrs Hwang.

When Mr Hwang was no more, Sarang would hold the bracelet he gave her on her last birthday and close her eyes to see him. She had a picture of her and him in her bedroom, so she used the picture as a motivation to start her day. Sarang didn't cry everyday like everyone thought she would, but she told herself 'dad won't be happy to see me crying even if he's dead'.

"Sarang! Come here!" she heard Mrs Hwang.

She got up from bed and wore her slippers. It was already dark and rainy. Yojae wanted to come and meet her that night but it was raining heavily. Tomorrow would be her first day in Yon academy and she was all delighted. Sarang sat beside her mom in the bedroom and crossed her legs.

"I wanted to talk to you about your new school." Mrs Hwang said.

"I know, Yon is an expensive school and most of the students there are children of rich Millionaires, doctors, lawyers and politicians. Only few of the students are like you. That's how that school was turned into." Mrs Hwang paused and took her daughter's hand.

"You need to keep your good grades. You have to be more serious in your studies. I don't want to hear 'Sarang did this in school Sarang did that in school', all students are the same because you all went to the school for the same reason to study. No bad friends!"

Sarang nodded her head approvingly. "I promise to make you proud, mom. I will go to school and study and when I'm back I can help you in the coffee shop."

When Mr Hwang joined the choir invisible, he left behind only a coffee shop which Sarang and her mom relied on. Even the money from the coffee shop wasn't enough for their needs so they had to get loan from the bank. Sarang's only younger brother lived with their uncle to make things easy for them. After Mr Hwang kicked the bucket, non of his family showed their utmost support to the Hwang family.

While Mrs Hwang had no one from her family and her elder brother had been kidnapped from some North Korean thugs. She spend years searching for him but they was no result. She gave up on him saying he was dead. Sarang was a girl that couldn't stand seeing her mom suffering and going through a lot so she had to make herself work in the coffee shop. She was very good in making delicious snacks and different types of coffees since at the age of twelve.

Her mom taught her different espressos and all types of beautiful designs for a coffee. Mrs Hwang was a member in different women organisation and charity groups. Her family were suppose to be the people taking charity but she used the little she had to help everyone in need.

When little Sarang was in her first year at elementary school she met little Yojae. Yojae picked a fight with some seniors and Sarang saw them hitting Yojae after school, she ran to the seniors and told them one of the teachers was calling them so they ran into the school. She took Yojae to their house and Mrs Hwang cleaned her injuries and said she'll report the the seniors.

She made Yojae a steamy gopchang and asked for her parents phone number. Yojae's mom came to the house and thanked Mrs Hwang before leaving with her daughter. Since that day, Sarang and Yojae became tight friends even at school. They became very obsessed with each other and even their parents became close.

"You don't have time to come to the shop. You'll be coming back home 12:00 pm and you'll have to study and do your assignments for the rest of the day. Don't stress yourself."

"Mom I can go to shop in the night, they's a lot of customers in the night and I can help even if its just for an hour. Yojae loves working in the shop too."

Mrs Hwang opened her arms and gave Sarang a warm hug. A hug that means everything in the world for Sarang. Then she pulled away holding back her tears because she didn't want to make any scene that evening. "That is your new uniform for the school along with your shoes and bag. You should meet your class teacher for your books and textbooks. I'm sorry this is all I have to get you."

Sarang turned around and took her new everything in her arms and smiled at her mom. "Mom you're the best, this bag is so beautiful. (kumawo) thanks."

She threw a kiss on her mom's forehead and went back to her bedroom. She couldn't take her eyes off her uniform for Yon academy, it was extremely pretty. She taught about making new friends and having a lot of friends. Sarang didn't have a lot of friends like Yojae so she was so worried of going to a new school but Yojae reassured her everything will be fine and she'll make good friends.

She took off her eyeglasses, kept everything on the couch and plopped on her bed allowing her long hair to close her face. She heard a noise from her phone and checked it immediately, it was Yojae.

"(Chukahe) congrats you're finally joining Yon academy, good luck. Study and make Mrs Hwang proud of you."

She smiled at the message and quickly replied.

"Don't worry bestie, leave it to me. I will make everyone proud and same goes for you, congratulations for spending a week in your new school."

She threw her phone on the bed beside her and closed her eyes to rest. She didn't burge until it was already bright in the morning. She got out of bed and got ready for school before she had breakfast with her mom and she drove her to Yon academy. She will only spend two years in the school and then she'll graduate and find admission in a university to continue her further studies. She sure has a lot of plans.

Hey lovelies! ❤️

Thank you so much for choosing Lost in love and I promise you you'll not be disappointed. If you're looking for any school drama novel? Gotcha! And also if you're looking for any office romance novel Gotcha! But you'll just have to be patient and enjoy your read. School drama begins! Office romance and drama will begin further. *virtual hugs* 💜
Ig @hussainaakilu

 *virtual hugs* 💜Ig @hussainaakilu