2- Difference but similar

Maalik Obi, he's an entrepreneur of a small Ghanaian real estate agency and does other small jobs on the side.

Still, this man finds all the time in the world to speak with me once I'm online on Whatsapp.

It's like he's always waiting on me to text him so he can chat.

As of now, I'm seated on Aleena's living room carpet and packing little gift bags for the opening of her new shop much closer to home and Xavion's school.

All that needs to be done is for the interior to be cleaned then stocked. An that's a job our friends will come together and do instead of hiring someone to.

Maalik has been on video call with me for three hours now.

While I'm working, so is he. Though he's moving around and is showing me a new Ghanaian projects.

It's a modern planned gated community, housing scheme of sort, in Accra Ghana.

"Can I see that?" I stopped him in his tracks.

"The chandelier?" He asked and I hummed.

"That looks beautiful." I awed, admiring the stylish design.

"Not as beautiful as you." He compliments and I laughed.

"Okay, Mister sweet mouth."

"Wo ho ye fe." He continues.

Blushing as I remember him telling me that this Ghanaian slang means 'you are beautiful.'

"You're blushing, na." He chuckles.

"Hear the Nigerian accent now." I teased along.

"I'm not hiding it." He tries to deny. "It comes out when I say a certain word."

This man's mom is born in Ghana and his dad is from Nigeria. Though both had their family in Nigeria when they got married and that's where Mister Obi is originally from.

"I believe you." I look at his face when he switched the camera so I could see him.

"I hope so. An I love your patwah." He indicates, grinning.

"I love it too and I'm glad you understand it a bit because sometimes I forget that you're not a Jamaican like me."

He just kept staring so I made a face then looks down.

"You're hiding."

"And I shouldn't?" I laughed. "You have an habit of staring."

"I can't help it." He admits.

"You can try." I put more business cards in the bags.

"Okay." He lied and I hissed playfully. "What's in those ones?"

I lift the bag and shows him all that I'm putting in.

"Perfume, lipgloss, a mini test kit with an eyeshadow palette, an eyeliner pencil, lashes, glue and a discount card. This is a VIP bag." I listed.

I put that bag aside and looks at him where I leaned the phone on the coffee table vase.

"You're staring again." I pointed out.

"Do you wear makeup?" He asked, licking his lips.

Confused, I answered. "Only a bit on special occasion or if I'm modeling for Aleena's posters or advertisment."

"Like you'll be doing tomorrow?"

"Mhmm hmm." I hummed and nodded.

What he knows about me is that I do a bit of everything.