Chapter 7

The taxi stopped right by us. Engfa opened the door for me. Such a gentlewoman. But instead of closing the door and going around the back of the car, she followed me, forcing me to scoot over to the other side of the vehicule. Her hand grabbed my hip softly as she helped me shift alongside the seat. She couldn't get her hands off of me already? Could I keep my hands off of her if we go all the way? Damn it, Charlotte, calm down!

I sat properly, feeling the need in my core as I turned to put my seat belt on. I tried to calm my heart that was beating all over the place. I put my hands on either side of my legs, feeling the fabric of the seat under my palms. Trying to ground me back into the present and not let my mind wander around crazy fantasies. I felt a little tingle on my pinky. I looked down, Engfa's left hand was resting against my right, her fingers slightly caressing mine. My heart slammed into my chest. I hadn't felt like this for a long time. The tiniest little things were making me so warm... and so aroused.

I looked back up at her, she looked so damn hot but also somewhat shy. I slid my hand closer to hers, pushing down on the seat to let her fingers climb onto mine. I let my hand glide under hers, those light touches eliciting so much want inside me. The tension in the car was so thick that I could feel it pressing against me. The ride seemed to last for hours, I felt like I was going to either climb onto Engfa right then and there or that I was going to pass out from too much excitement. The taxi finally parked in front of our hotel.

"I got this." Engfa said, reaching into her wallet.

"No, you don't!" I replied, pushing her, grabbing her arm.

"Don't be stubborn, Charlotte." Engfa warned.

I looked at her, feeling like I was hanging by a thread. Was I stubborn? Was it not ok? Should I let her pay once more? Or should I be stubborn and confront her? She was supposed to find out if she could handle me, right?

"Well, sorry but I am!" I said, pressing my credit card on the terminal, while still blocking Engfa's arm, my hand wrapped around her wrist.

"Charlotte! I'm your boss!" she scolded me while the machine bipped.

I let go of her wrist instantly. She was. She was my boss. What was I thinking? What were we doing? I looked at her, filled with fear. Trying to figure out what she was thinking. She saw the turmoil inside my eyes. She grabbed my wrist, reversing the roles. Her eyes were fierce but also full of kindness. I could get lost in them.

"You stood up to me... You never did that before."

"I..." I didn't know what to reply.

"I liked it." she muttered.

I almost jumped on her right at this instant. My core was aching, my hands were trembling and my breath itching in my throat. But as I was pondering what my next move should be, the driver started yelling.

"Could you guys bicker outside my fucking car, now?!"

Engfa quickly opened the door and got us out. We stepped inside the hotel lobby, trying to look like absolutely normal people coming back from work, with our coats and bags, in front of the doorman who greeted us. We walked side by side to the elevator, our cheeks red and I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. The doors opened and Engfa let me step first into the elevator. I caught her eyes in the mirror, she was looking like she could devour me on the spot. As I turned around, wishing she would do just that, someone yelled "Hold the doors, please!".

A man jumped into the elevator, preventing the doors from closing. He exhaled and pushed on the 11th floor button.

"Jeez, that was close! Thanks!" he said, happy to have caught the elevator.