Chapter 28

I did came back at 7am the next day like I had promised. Miles wasn't awake yet, so I went to the kitchen and started preparing pancakes to go with the mangoes that I brought with me. As the day went by I felt my heart tear apart as I looked at my son. I was making him live a lie. Sure I was not really happy before but now it was hitting differently... I left home when he was asleep and came back the next morning. Sunday went by as good and bad as Saturday, until a text from Engfa got me out of my rambling thoughts.

E🥭 : You still won't tell me where we're going on tuesday?

Engfa was my nice thought. She was the one who could anchor me to the present. She was the light guiding me in the dark. Even though she had said that she wouldn't interfere with what was happening with Mew, I couldn't help but feel like she gave me the strength that I had trouble finding in myself. Thinking about her gave me courage.

C🐰 : Nope!

I couldn't pretend anymore and when Mew started to get angry at me again, I stopped trying to be nice.

"Miles would you like to have a sleepover at Auntie Heidi's place tonight?"

"For real?" he said with his eyes shining with joy.

"For real!"

"There's school tomorrow!" Mew protested.

"Oh..." Miles said, suddenly sad.

"Yes there is. I'll take you to school, we will just have to get to bed early to wake up on time, ok?"

"Oh yes! I'm gonna go get my pajamas!" Miles said, running towards his bedroom.

"We are not doing this, Charlotte!"

"Yes, we are, Mew. I'm sure this time alone will help you think about..."

"Charlotte, we are NOT..."

"Don't! Do you really want to fight in front of Miles?" I shushed him as Miles went back from his room.

"Look Mommy, I took my toothbrush too!"

I got up and helped Miles to pack his stuff. I took enough clothes for the week, some toys and books. We said goodbye to Mew and left before he could figure out something to say. As the taxi was driving us across town I couldn't help myself and tears went down my face. I quickly wiped them down, while Miles was looking through the window. He might have sensed that something was off because he turned around and took my hand in his, without saying anything.

Heidi welcomed us home and we built a fort around her sofa after dinner. Miles and I went to sleep inside our fort-bed, it has been quite some time since I slept with my son in my arms. I missed this. He wasn't a little baby anymore... The next morning we managed to go to school on time and it helped me realize that doing all of this wasn't perfect but not that complicated either.

Our day at work went by smoothly and Heidi told me at least five times that she didn't mind taking care of Miles on Tuesday evening while I went out with Engfa for our first real date. I picked up Miles from school and took a picture of him holding his latest drawing, sending it to Mew.

C🐰 : Miles drew a mountain for you

Obviously on Tuesday morning I still didn't receive any answer from him. But I wasn't going to let this get to me. I took another picture of Miles, eating breakfast with Heidi and sent it to Mew to keep him updated on our son's life. Hours later, Heidi and I got off work early and went to pick Miles up from school. We went to the playground for a bit before heading back home. I got out of the bathroom, almost ready to leave, trying to put earrings on.

"Wow Mommy, you're beautiful!" Miles said. "Look Heidi!"

"You're right, Milestone, she's the most beautiful mom on earth!"

"Aww stop you guys!" I said, posing in my new favorite suit, like I was a model, to make them laugh.

"You look really happy, Mommy."

"Come here." I said and took him in my arms.

Heidi looked at me, mouthing that everything was going to be ok.

"I'm sure Mr Nawat is going to tell you that you're the best!" Miles said to me.

"Mr Nawat?" I asked.

"Heidi said that you were going to the restaurant with your boss..." Miles explained.

"Oh, sorry honey, I've got you confused." Heidi replied.

"I'm going to see my other boss, Engfa, do you remember her?"

"Is that the pretty lady who gave me candy at the museum?" he asked.

"Yes, when we went to see the big statues."

"Mmm, I just remember the candy, she gave me one that tasted like mango!" he replied.

"Kids and their selective brains... You sure do like candy, Milesy." Heidi sighed then laughed.

"Yes!"

"You two behave while I'm out. No candies before bed!" I warned them, hugging them both before I left.

I went across town and knocked on the door at the address Engfa gave me. A beautiful woman opened the door. She looked at me from head to toes, at least twice, with a smirk on her face.

"What do you want?" she asked, giving me a slight nod with her head.

"I... I'm sorry... I must have the wrong... address..." I stuttered, kinda flustered, as she kept looking at me intensely.

"Fa, I think your date is here! And she looks delicious!" the woman said, biting her lips.

"Fuck Daad, don't be like this!" I heard Engfa stumble behind her before she got to the door.

"Hey..." I said, relieved.

"Sorry, this is my sister Plaifa. Don't pay attention to her, she's weird and she likes to mess with me even though she's 37!" Engfa said, pushing her sister away to get out.

"I love you too." Plaifa said.

"Don't wait for me but call me if anything happens, ok?"

"We're going to be fine, don't worry. Go have fun! It was nice meeting you, Charlotte. Take care of my baby sis!" and with that Plaifa closed the door on us.

Engfa looked at me and sighed.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be." I replied.

"Hi." she said, smiling at me.

"Hi..."

"You look stunning..."

I kissed her to shut her up before she made me blush too much.

"You guys are freaking cute! Now go fondle each other somewhere else!" we heard Plaifa say through the door.

"Perv!" Engfa said, banging lightly on the door before taking my hand and guiding me out of the building.

The taxi left us in front of a beautiful old house. Meena helped me book this place as she was friends with the owner. A middle aged lady welcomed us and guided us through different rooms. She invited us to get naked and wrapped ourselves in towels.

"Are we getting a massage?" Engfa asked, smiling.

"Yes... I figured that between work and last month we could use some selfcare..."

"Oh my god, this is such a good idea!"

Engfa and I took our place on the tables and two ladies got to work on our tired bodies. An hour later they led us to a bathroom to take a shower before we could enter the bathing area. We were sitting in hot water on opposite sides of what looked like a Japanese onsen, even though it was less pretty than the one I went to with Marima last summer. But the good part was that we were alone.

"What is this place?" Engfa asked, looking around her.

"They do a lot of different things. Basically rich people book this place for a few hours, to have some time off with different services provided to them. If they don't offer what you want, they'll find a way to do it if you can pay."

"When you say it like that it sounds so illegal." she laughed but she looked like she was kind of meaning it.

"Meena knows the owner so I think they're in the clear."

"I would have thought the opposite..." she said, trying to hide her smile.

"I ask for a massage, access to the onsen, dinner and something else..."

"Something else...?"

"You'll see."

"So are we really alone?"

"Yes, I've booked the place for 4 hours."

"Are we allowed to... you know... in here?" she asked, biting her lip.

"I guess we'll find out..." I said swimming towards her.

Two hours later we were enjoying cake and sour mangoes in yet another room, sitting on a big sofa, when a lady came inside, pushing a cart covered with a black cloth.

"What is happening now?" Engfa asked as the woman got out of the room.

"This is a karaoke machine." I said, lifting the fabric. "There's also a guitar."

Engfa looked at me with a smile so big that it looked like her dimples were going to pop out of her face and fly away.

"I know you like to sing. I wanted to hear more of it... Would you mind singing for me tonight?" I asked, getting a little bit shy.

Engfa got up, put her hands on my cheeks and kissed me. We had made each other come, kissing and biting every inch of skin that was above the water, whispering the raunchiest of things to the other, just an hour earlier... and now... we were sharing the softest of the kiss, full of love and tenderness. I loved this.

"I love you so much." she said. "Of course, I'll sing for you. Sit down, let me serenade you, Charlotte Austin."

I did. I sat down on the couch, wrapping my arms around one on the pillows and listened to Engfa's angelic voice for the rest of the evening. I really needed to send a thank you gift to Meena.

___
Preparing ourselves to follow E&C traveling to Japan...
Hope you guys are still liking the story! 🤍