Chapter 16

"Holy shit." 

I laughed slightly shaking my head. Really, 'holy shit' was all he had to say.

"You really have a past!" He said. "I mean, it must be hard for you and everything but then finding that out! Shit man, your tougher then you look. Sorry, too much?"

"No, actually I'm glad you're not giving me any sympathy. I've had plenty of that." I said laughing.

"Well, count me in." He grinned. "I need a little excitement in my life."

"Have you met Elle?" I asked. "You two would be perfect for each other!" I said, minus the cocky attitude he reminded me a lot of Elle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Autumn!" Lizzy shouted when I walked through the door.

"Hey kid!"

"Elle's been helping me with my homework." She said and I looked over to Elle who was sat at the end of the counter. "What subject?" I asked remembering how Elle barely passes her exams.

"Maths."

"The one subject she's good at." I said and Lizzy laughed.

"And Seth's been working all day. You should have seen the mess he made when he forgot to put the top on the blender." She giggled.

"Silly boy."

"This is hard work." Seth said walking past me with empty plates.

"Hey Elle, I want you to meet someone."

"Who?" She asked eyeing me suspicously.

"His name-"

"Oh no Ayla. Please don't try set me up with someone again." She said shaking her head. "Don't you remember last time? The guy was a creep and ended up stealing my money from my purse." She said. It was true, the guy seemed nice but turned out he just wanted money.

"Ok, and I took full responsibilty for that but please-"

"No Ayla." She getting up. I followed her.

"I promise, this time is going to be different. And you said if I meet any hot single guys-" I said.

"What? By some miracle he turns out to be my mate?" She laughed.

"Well, you never know." I shrugged.

"No."

"Well, you have no choice." I said and she looked back at me.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Nothing, he'll be here any moment though." She sighed and shook her head.

"Autumn." She began but couldn't find the words due to her frustration. I smiled sweetly at her.

"Besides, he's my protector. Looking out for me at school incase of the whole...you know." I said but she just sighed again. "Come on Elle, whats the worst that could happen? Ok, so he did try hitting on me once and was a complete jackass but he's actually really nice and funny. He just puts on a front." I shrugged and she just looked at me with a deadpan expression.

"Well, I don't-"

"Too late." I winced when I spotted Ellis with Conor and Jake.

"I swear, I'll kill you if this guy is a deadbeat." She began ranting making Seth cough to hide his laughter. "You too Mr. Potato head." She said pointing to him.

"What did I do?" He mouthed to me and I shrugged.

Seth came over and leaned on the counter opposite me.