Chapter 13

At midday she discharged JK home after a final examination. He could certainly recover better at home and she could concentrate fully on Suga. Mrs. Park came by to pick him up and brought her something to eat and drink. Mrs. Park insisted that Hee-Jin get an hour of sleep. She promised to do it too. After resting a bit, she sat down next to Suga's bed again. She reached for his hand and held it tightly. "Suga, please fight! We need you...I need you!" She stood up without letting go of his hand and looked at him. She leaned down, stroked his cheek and whispered softly, "I love you, Suga, just the way you are ." Suddenly she stopped. She said she felt his fingers move in her hand. She looked at him. "Suga? Are you awake? Can you hear me?" she asked hopefully. "If you can hear me, then squeeze my hand." It took a few seconds, but then she definitely felt a light handshake. Her heart jumped. She saw his eyelids twitch. "Suga!" she called out, relieved. His eyes slowly opened and looked at her. She smiled at him, relieved. "Welcome back!" Her voice trembled slightly and her eyes moistened. She whispered happily, "Everything will be okay now." She checked his vitals again and it actually looked like he was feeling a lot better.
After he fell asleep again, she went straight to the phone. "Hi, Jin, this is Hee-Jin. He just woke up. Yes, it actually looks like he's out of the woods. To be honest, a weight has been lifted from my heart. Yes...I can understand, but then not all...only a maximum of two. All right, see you later." Then she dialed another number. "Hello, Mrs. Park, this is Hee-Jin. I wanted to say that Suga has woken up and his vital signs are looking better again. Yes, I am too very relieved. I was quite worried, it really didn't look good at the beginning. Yes, Mr. Park can also tell the master about that. But I wouldn't recommend visiting until tomorrow, he still needs a lot of rest. Yes, thank you No, I'm fine, just a little tired. Yes, I'll catch up on sleep tonight. You're welcome. Thanks, bye." She made herself some coffee and then returned to Suga. After drinking her coffee, she sat back down on the chair next to his bed. She closed her eyes and felt a great burden and tension lifted from her. She sighed in relief and checked on him again. He was asleep, everything was OK, so she sat down again. She reached for his hand and took it in both hands. She crossed her fingers with his and placed her other hand over them. Tired, she let her head fall to the side on his blanket and actually fell asleep. She jumped in shock because she felt a clear handshake, stronger than the first. She scrambles to her feet and once again a dark pair of eyes looked at her. She smiled at him. "Suga, how are you feeling? Are you in pain?" He shook his head slowly. "Everyone here was terribly worried about you. You gave us quite a scare." His lips moved as if he wanted to say something. "Shh, don't say anything. Rest and sleep." She wanted to let go of his hand to look for the IV bag, but he didn't release her hand and held it tightly. She looked at him irritated and it seemed as if a smile crossed his face for a brief moment. He pulled her back to him and said quietly: "You are my lifesaver, my guardian angel." She just smiled and nodded. She looked at both of her hands because he seemed unwilling to let go. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving, but I need to check on the IV bag." He finally let go of her again. His eyes followed her as she walked around his bed. "NamJoon and Seokjin will be over soon to check on you. I hope that's okay with you. The boys were very worried," she said as she checked the flow rate. He just nodded and didn't take his eyes off her. "You should rest a bit until NamJoon and Seokjin come," she said and smiled at him.