Chapter 14

When she checked on him again a short time later, he had fallen asleep again. An hour later, it was starting to get dark outside, there was a knock. She opened the door and greeted NamJoon and Seokjin with a quick hug. Then she left the two of them alone with Suga. Before she left, NamJoon said, "Go to sleep, we'll take care of him for a long time. Do not worry. If something is wrong, we'll wake you up." She nodded gratefully and lay down on an unused hospital bed. She fell asleep immediately.
Suga recovered relatively quickly from his serious injuries. Every day he felt a little better. In addition to her duty at the hospital, she checked on Suga every day. He always seemed to be waiting for her. But what was really going on in his head remained unclear to her, because he was still reserved and taciturn towards her. But even though he didn't talk much, he occasionally sent out signals that told her that she wasn't unimportant to him. So he sat in his bed and ate his lunch, as always in silence. She got used to it and accepted it. After putting his tray away, she returned to make up his bed. When she was ready to leave, he suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her back onto the bed. He looked at her with that intense look again. Hee-Jin was a little irritated and looked at him questioningly. He raised his hand and stroked her cheek. She smiled and he, too, twisted his face into a brief smile. He placed his hand on her cheek and pulled slowly until she could feel his breath. He breathed a little faster and her pulse also became faster. She saw a flash of desire in his eyes. But suddenly there was a knock on the door. He lowered his hand and there was something of regret in his eyes. She got up and went to the door. "Oh, Master Min, come in. Your son is awake." She left, leaving father or son alone. She felt an intense tingling sensation and smiled to herself. Three weeks later he was able to leave the infirmary. When she entered the room, he was already dressed and looking out the window "When you're done, we could go." He turned around, nodded and picked up his black leather jacket from the bed. They left the building together and got into their car. During the journey he continued to think in silence. Finally they stopped in front of the house. She looked at him and said, "We're here." He looked at her intensely again and put his hand on her cheek. "Thank you! Thank you for everything." She tilted her head against his hand, smiling. "You don't have to thank me." There was a look of regret in his eyes. "I would be happy to have you visit me at any time... and the boys too, of course." He nodded and got out without saying a word. She watched him until he had disappeared into the house. Then she drove to the villa and went straight to her apartment. The boys noticed that in the following days she was very quiet and withdrawn, which didn't really suit her. Since she returned she has been training intensively for at least 2 hours every day. When she came out of the training room again sweaty, JK asked her: "Are you okay?" "Yes," she replied lost in thought. He looked after her worriedly. But she wasn't the only one who attracted attention for her strange behavior since Suga was discharged. When the boys sat together again, NamJoon said, "It can't go on like this." The others nodded. "Suga is even more silent than before. Something is really bothering him," Seokjin noted. Tae added, "It's the same with Hee-Jin. She's been acting strange since she got back here." Jimin and JK nodded. "Someone needs to talk to these two." Everyone looked at Hoesek. He grinned. "Why are you looking at me like that?" "You're the best at looking into other people's heads." "That may be so," he said, "But I think I'm unsuitable in this particular case. I think a woman would be more suitable." "A woman? Since there are so many women here besides Hee-Jin," Tae replied. "I know of one," answered Hoeseok with a meaningful smile and looked at Jimin.